"'Shocker...' I like it"

It was a few minutes after midnight and Herman Schultz was fuming. He couldn't believe how easily he was taken down by Spider-Man. Schultz went over to a table, which was covered in empty beer cans, for target practice. He let out a loud roar and swept the beer cans off of the table. 

"Hey, take it easy!" responded Mason.

"You'd be pissed, too, if Spider-Man took you on and beat you, like it was nothing!"

Mason sighed and looked over to his left. 

"Here," he said, before reaching something. "Next time, try these."

The head engineer handed Schultz two high tech, metal gloves. 

"I just made these... they're sonic gloves. They send out intense bursts of shockwaves."

Herman just looked at them and smiled.

"Anything or anyone who gets hit with these babies are gonna be thrown back a few feet."

"I like 'em," smiled Herman, before putting them on.

As he tested his new gloves out, Herman chuckled. He got a kick out of the remaining beer cans on the table getting thrown back across the room.

"Nice..." he said. "I like these things."

"Really?" said Mason. "That's a shocker. No one, except boss, gives me compliments on my work."

Herman just stood there, processing what Mason had just said.

"'Shocker...' I like it," he grinned.

Just then, Adrian Toomes walked across the room.

"What the hell is this, pro wrestling?" he asked, as he made his way to his office. "Stop playing with toys and get your ass back to work."

Herman looked at Mason, in confusion. Mason just shrugged and went back to tinkering.

"You know, Mason..." sneered Schultz. "Boss is really impressed with your work... he's so impressed... he's started calling you 'Tinkerer.'"

"YO! GET BACK TO WORK, THAT'S AN ORDER!" shouted Toomes, after opening his office door.

Everyone scattered back to their stations and continued their respective jobs.