10) In the Dark, Later

My mind is racing. I don't think I can go back to sleep. My prince loves me is battling with my prince is leaving - in my brain.

Torin is snoring again and I roll over to my side. He rolls over too, and we are spooning again. I think he must be sleeping when he whispers, "Are you naked, my lady?"

Torin moans and sighs and kisses the back of my neck. Only once and then I think he is asleep again until he moves his hand . His good hand is now resting on my hip. He pushes the blanket down and now his hand is resting on my naked thigh. Stroking and petting again.

I am wide awake, begging, in subtle shifts in my weight, for that hand to move lower. Do it, I scream in my head. Let me move my leg a little and make it easier for you. I do and the hand drops slightly lower. I know this sounds like something out of a two dollar romance book, but I become - Desire. Yes, Desire, in all her - squirmy, anxious, nail biting, begging for rhythm and thrusts - manifestations.

There, I said it, I am now what the old classic by Janet Jackson calls is a "Nasty Girl". So far, I like it. I am a nasty girl. It feels unbelievable.

I am not sure Torin is completely awake and this is confirmed when he snorts, wakes himself up and the hand is no longer on my thigh.

It is on my right boob making itself at home until my other boob is saying - what about me? I slide around back towards Torin because I don't want Torin's good hand to cramp. I am considerate that way. I know Torin is not sleeping now because he grabs my once neglected boob and welcomes it to the party.

"My lady," he says as he squeezes.

I don't say anything because I am afraid of breaking this spell.

Just when I believe I might die if he doesn't do more, his hand moves lower towards my stomach in a slow journey. I feel my hips rise to meet him. I place my other hand on his and guide his hand where I want it to be.

"What can I do you for you, my lady?"

I guide his hand, lower and lower.

"More," I say.

I did not know. Before. What this was like. I like it. A lot.

I tell Torin. "That was..."

"I know," he sighs, "all the ladies say I am quite the lover."

Again too much, way too much information. My prince talks too much.

"Is that so," I say. "Then why haven't you made a move before now?"

"Inopportune time," he says. "You were tipsy. We were both drunk. I thought you too young, I'm sorry about that. I was shot, captured, tortured. Had to escape. There was a battle. I have been hiding and seeking for months, but it is not a game. I tried to lead an army." Big exasperated sigh and then, "You know, just terrible timing. Love didn't seem possible or practical."

I understand that for sure. Damn the end of the world. It makes everything bad timing. I ask, "So, what is stopping you now?" I say with as much seductive charm as I can muster. "We are alone," I state the obvious.

Torin sighs heavily and says one word, "Supply."

"Supply?" I ask.

"Well, lack of."

"Lack of supply? What supply?"

"Protection."

"Protection?"

"Protection. I can't find a damn condom anywhere. There is not one within a hundred miles."

"How do you know?"

"Oh, I have been looking, my lady."

"For how long?" I ask, wasting a blush in the darkness.

Hesitation. Torin does not answer.

"For how long?"

"My lady, I have been looking since I met you. The first day."

"The first day? The first time you laid eyes on me?" That is quite presumptuous.

"Yes, my lady. Even before I knew you were the girl I was sent to find."

"The first time you saw me. Why?"

"I knew," he takes my hand and kisses it. "I just knew."

I say nothing back because what do you say to that.

And then, I show Prince Torin what I know. I am not so innocent as he thinks I am. My hand traces the scar on his chest, down, down until the scar trail ends, and I have to go off road. Even though technically I am still a virgin, I am not without experience. I have seen a penis or two, or three. This one I see up close and personal. I show him that I know things, enjoyable things, that can be done without protection. I like to think he is surprised at my boldness.

After, Torin doesn't say anything because what do you say to that.