Chapter Fourteen

EDITED

Alyssa's POV

I sigh, tired and actually grateful that thy was my last show for this tour. I love my fans, I really do, but the touring life has taken the most out of me and I can't recall the last time I have gotten a real good night's sleep.

I watch as Matthew comes downstairs shirtless. It's crazy that we are engaged now and I wonder if I made a huge mistake in saying yes. Yes, me and him have a lot of history together, but it isn't exactly all good history. The way we met, everything that has happened; it's all so much.

But maybe getting married will change things. And I said yes for a reason. Maybe that is because I believe in him and I believe in us.

"Hey baby," he says, pecking my lips then taking a seat beside me on the couch and pulling me into him so I can feel the warmth from his body radiating off of him.

"How was your shower?" I ask him, running a hand through his still slightly damp hair.

"It was alright, would've been better if you would of joined me." I roll my eyes, but wrap my hand in his.

He takes his free hand and runs it down my spine, making me feel something I haven't felt in a while: need. And I don't understand how he makes me feel like that so easily.

I adjust my position, putting myself on his lap and looking down at him as he looks at me. He grasps my thighs with his own two hands, biting his lip as he goes up higher.

"It's been so long," I whisper as I bring my face even closer to his, our lips just centimeters from touching.

"It has," he whispers back, his voice nice and husky. "That is why I am going to take you right here, right now."

I gasp softly and he chuckles just as quiet. "But didn't you just have a shower, Mr. Espinosa?"

"That's fine. You'll join me for another afterwards, soon-to-be Mrs. Espinosa." He smirks before capturing my lips in his hungrily.

And that is when we make love to each other, something we haven done in a very long time.