Chapter Fifteen

EDITED

Alyssa's POV

I sigh, content as Matt runs his fingers across my arm. "You are so beautiful," he whispers and I blush, looking into his eyes. I don't say anything back, but instead stare at him, taking in his every feature that I have really grown used to.

"I love you so much, Alyssa," he says. "So, so much. And I promise I won't hurt you again. I'm all yours."

"I love you too," I tell him as I bring a hand up to the side of his face and bring myself forward to kiss him.

I put the final touches on it and then set the icing down, proud of my creation. The perfect cake.

"It looks amazing!" Tori tells me as she looks over the chocolate cake with chocolate icing.

"I hope so," I tell her before sighing. "It did take me almost three hours to make. I'm glad I was actually able to get the recipe right."

"Well it was your own homemade cake. Now let's try it!"

I laugh then take a picture of it. Dawn grabs a knife from the drawer and I back away, letting her cut the round cake into triangular pieces.

We all get a piece when she is finished and take a bite, trying it at the same time.

"Mmh," we all say in unison and I feel incredibly proud in myself. Maybe I am finally learning to bake.