Chapter Seventeen

EDITED

Alyssa's POV

"Hey baby girl," he says, with his arms open wide, expecting me to run into then.

But there is one thing, I don't. I don't run into his arms, because he is 'supposedly' dead. And what's up with his voice being slightly different?

Imagine this, last year an officer in the military comes knocking on your front door with a folded up flag and a letter. The letter says that your family member has died serving for his or her country. You and your mother are devastated, because your sister has already died, and now your father has. It is just you and her now. I will be the first to tell you that, yea, it sucks.

I still remember it all the day it happened.

-Flashback-

Today is such a sunny day! A good day to go for a jog around the neighborhood.

I go outside with my headphones in my ears, my yoga pants and under armour shirt on. I blast the best song ever! Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran.

"When your legs don't work like they used I before

And I can't sweep you off of your feet

Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love?

Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?

And darling I will be loving you till you're 70

And baby my heart will still fall as hard at 23

And I'm thinking bout how.."

This is my favorite song as this point. Somehow it calms me down.

"People fall in love in mysterious ways

Maybe just a touch of a hand

Well me, I fall in love with you every single day

And I just wanna tell you I am.."

I miss my dad. I haven't seen him in quite a long time, and I miss him so much.

"So honey, now

Take me into your living arms

Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

Place your head on my beating heart

I'm thinking out loud

And baby we found love right where we are..."

I hope that I will be able to find love like the love Ed Sheeran sings in this song.

"When my hair'a all fine and my memory fades

And the crowds don't remember my name

When my hands don't play the Strings the same way

Mmm, I know you will still love me the same

Cause honey your soul could never grow old, it's evergreen

And baby, your smile's forever in my mind and memory

And I'm thinking about how.."

The song finishes and I reach my house to see a big camouflaged truck thing. My heart instantly stops at the sight. Oh no!

I also see two military guys standing at the front door, one with a folded up flag, the other with a letter, and my mom on the ground balling her eyes out.

I run up to her and kneel down next to her.

"He's gone! He's gone! He's gone! He's gone!" She keeps repeating, over and over and over.

Those two words repeated hit me like a bullet in my chest. He's gone? He's gone. He's gone! My daddy is gone.

Me and my mom stay like that crying our eyes out until night falls.

-Flashback over-

That was the worst moment in my life. My mom has been working ever since that day, to cope with his 'death' I guess.

But here he is, standing directly in front of me, not dead.

I am so angry at him right now. I am angry because he put me and my mother through all of that. How could he?!

He looks at me surprised that I am not in his arms right at this moment.

"Honey, what's wrong?" He softly asks.

"Don't you 'Honey, what's wrong?' with me, 'Dad'," I say as I put air quotes on the word Dad.

"What?" He asks confused.

"DO NOT ACT LIKE EVERYTHING IS OKAY HERE, BECAUSE IT IS NOT! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE 'DEAD'. BUT LOOK AT YOU NOW, RIGHT HERE BEFORE MY EYES! YOU RUINED ME AND MY MOM; SHE WOULDN'T EAT FOR WEEKS, AND SHE WAS NEVER HOME! SHE STILL WORKS HER ASS OFF TO FACE NOT BEING IN THAT HOUSE! Just, get out of here. I never want to see you again," I screamed but then whispered the last two sentences. I was crying and the tears wouldn't stop coming down my face.

"There are some things you can't under-" I interrupted him before he could finish his sentence.

"I am getting married in a month, and you were supposed to find out sooner or later. You are not coming. Somebody else is going to walk me down the aisle, because I sure don't want you to," I spit and whisper to the interviewer: "This is over, please leave."

She nods, and everybody leaves, including my 'dad', going with them.

I am no longer going to call him my 'dad', I am going to call him Rick, since that is his first name.

"Are you okay baby?" My amazing fiancée asks, coming from the kitchen and snaking arms around my waist.

"Yeah, but he is not coming to our wedding," I say bluntly.

"If that is what you want, then okay."

"I love you," I say.

"I love you too baby," he says and turns me around to kiss me, but it turns into something more.

/////\\\\\

Hey!

Good chapter?