Summer Vacay Pt. 1

~(Y/N's POV)~

"WAIT DANI NO-" Davin yelled, being dragged by his big sister to the line for the rollercoaster. I snickered and followed, pushing on his back slightly. "C'mon, Davin! You can do it, bro!" "Yeah, don't be a pussy!" Zain yelled, his arm around his cousin's shoulder. "It's not even a bad one...it's for, like...five year old's," Jaxin said, heavily judging Davin. Davin continued to whine, much to the operators amusement. We all got into our carts.

Dani, Davin, and I were in the same cart, while Zain and Jaxin were in the cart behind us. As the ride started, Davin was already gripping the bar so hard his knuckles were white. I placed my hand on his shoulder and smiled at him. "Calm down, Davin. Your sister and I are right here, okay?" Davin seemed to calm down a bit until the ride started going down and he started screaming. Dani facepalmed and I tried to hold back a laugh.

When we got off, Davin looked like he was gonna piss himself. "I'm never doing that again..," he said, his hands on his knees. Dani grabbed my arm, a bright smile on her freckled face. "C'mon, (Y/N)! You and me!" She pulled me over to a bigger coaster, practically bouncing. She was an adrenaline junkie, so this was definitely her thing. This ride had you sitting, but your legs were dangling. It was two to a seat, so Dani and I got to sit together.

The ride kicked off and it was pretty good. It's wasn't the most wild, but it was pretty fast. We both ended up screaming out of pure joy, and she was even giggling between screams. So cute. So fucking cute. We got off the ride, Dani's long hair a mess. She grabbed a scrunchie from her wrist and tied her hair into a messy bun, which was also very cute. I don't know if she does it on purpose or what-

"Hello there, friend," I turned around and saw Nightmare, even if he looked different. His tentacles were absent and his normal attire was traded out for black skinny jeans and a Metallica T-shirt. Dust and Killer were with him too. Killer had grey skinny jeans and a t-shirt with a bunny on it, while Dust had baggy dark blue jeans and a white t-shirt, of course with his scarf. "Hey, guys!" Dani smiled, she thought monsters were the bomb.

Last week, a freshman I had been tutoring, Frisk, freed the monsters from the Underground. They had already meshed with civilization pretty well, so they weren't abnormal to see around. "Woah, you know monsters?! Introduce me!" She said, clinging to my arm. "Dani, this is Nightmare, Killer, and Dust. Guys, this is my best friend, Dani." Dani smiled and immediately, Killer matched her energy. Dust seemed a bit more reserved than normal, I think.

"I had no idea you were a thrill seeker, (Y/N)," Nightmare said, walking beside me. I smiled and gestured to Dani, who was talking with Killer behind us. "She is, I just come along to see her smile and giggle like a little kid. It's absolutely adorable, trust me." Nightmare's smile faltered slightly. "Do you like her?" My eyes went wide. "No! She's my best friend, you numbskull!" Nightmare's smile returned and he shrugged his shoulders.

"She's loud," Dust said, his voice a whisper. Before I could ask if he was okay, the three guys were in sight. And Zain looked pissed. "What the hell are you two doing around monsters?!" he spat, venom in his voice. "Relax, meathead. They're my friends," I said, glaring at Zain. "They're not like us, they-" "Look at that, another racist and ignorant human. Such a shame, I was in a good mood, too," Nightmare said, glaring back at Zain.

Killer smirked and pulled a knife from his pocket. "Want me to cut him up for ya, Boss?" he said eagerly. Dust's hand turned violet and two sharpened bones appeared on either side of his head. "No, no. We needn't confirm his stupid thoughts that monsters are evil," Nightmare said, tilting his head back with a wide smirk. "Of course you would turn out to be a monster fucker, (Y/N), you bi-" Nightmare's tentacles appeared and grabbed Zain's throat.

"What did you say about them?" Nightmare asked, anger evident in his voice. Zain tried desperately to scratch away the tentacles. "Nightmare, cut it out! You're going to get shot or something! Do you know what would happen if a guard saw you?!" Nightmare glanced over, anger mixed with worry in his eye. "Fine, but if he does that again, he's dead," he said, dropping Zain and pulling his tentacles back into...somewhere.

Zain fell with a thud and Jaxin checked on him. "Are you okay, Zain?" "Yeah, whatever," Zain said after coughing a bunch. "TALK SHIT, GET HIT!" Killer and Dani said simultaneously. They both giggled at each other and my heart went Doki Doki. "So cute," I said, watching Dust slightly nod. "Well, we should get going," Davin said, like nothing had happened. "You guys wanna ditch Zain and hang out?" I said, everyone nodding. "Uh, I'll have to go, too," Jaxin said, "he's my ride."

Dani offered to give him a ride home, but Jaxin declined and walked off with Zain. "Are you alright, (Y/N)?" Nightmare asked, putting his cold hand on my bare shoulder. "Yeah, just a little upset that he said such rude things..." Davin put his hand on my other shoulder, smiling. "Well, he's just an asshole, Thys. No need to worry about his opinion." I smiled at Davin, feeling Nightmare's hand grip a bit tighter before letting go. 

"Let's go on the sidewinder!" Dani hollered, Killer smiling and nodding frantically. "Oh, no no no-" Davin started, but Killer and Dani had pulled him off, Dust following on Killer's left. "Thys?" I looked over and saw the confusion in your eye. "I thought your name was (Y/N)?" "Oh, it is! It's a nickname I got because I have an Amethyst dream catcher," I said, rubbing my neck. "I think it's much too barbaric of a nickname for you. How about Darling?"

A/N: Thanks for re-reading up to now! I hope this isn't too fast paced, but you'll see more about why Nightmare's acting so OOC later! Bye!

Date: 7/23/22 22:03

Word Count: 1049