RESET

~Nightmare's POV~

I followed Dream down into Sci's lab, where he was currently talking with Color about his use of portals. The aforementioned Sans had caused lots of problems when I first brought Killer into the team. "Ah, hello Dream! Nightmare! ...where's your shirt?" I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest, feeling self conscious again. I melted into the shadows to allow just my eye to show my position. "I lost it."

"So, what did you need?" Sci asked, looking to Dream. "We need a memory erase potion! Just the memories for a month prior!" Sci smiled, even if he looked concerned. "Alright, um...what for?" "To erase someone's memory, genius. Who's and why? None of your damn business. Now hurry it the hell up," I said, spitting venom. Sci's SOUL emitted an aura of fear, how refreshing. He said goodbye to Color, who glared at me as he left.

"It'll be done in a few hours, if you'd like to sleep?" Dream looked to me with a patient smile, offering his hand. "Come on, brother. We can sleep under the stars. Just like old times." I allowed a small smile to grace my features before coming out of the shadows and taking his hand. We walked back into the meadow, where the flowers had un-wilted. What the fuck. He suddenly stopped and laid down, patting the area beside him. I laid down with my arms under my head, closing my eyes. Dream's soft breathing lulled me into a calm that eventually allowed me to drift off to sleep.

~Time Skip~

I opened my eyes and turned over, seeing Dream was gone from my sight. I sat up and continued to look around, but I didn't see anything. Not long after I woke up, footsteps sounded around me and I jolted up. It was Sci. "O-Oh, hello, Nightmare. Is...Dream here?" "No, he wasn't here when I woke up, either..," I said, looking around again. Sci laid a small vial in front of me, a blue-ish green-ish solution inside. "This is the Erasure Potion, for exactly 1 month prior." "Thank you." Sci seemed a bit taken aback, but nodded and left nonetheless.

I made a portal back to (Y/N)'s room, where they were sound asleep. I felt terrible doing this, but at the same time, if Dream thought it was okay, I can't be anything too bad, right? I poured the solution into the glass of water on their nightstand and watched the color fade from blue to crystal clear, like the water. I quickly faded into the shadows and came out into my room in the Mansion, where I had gone back to living.

Killer's distinct footsteps sounded not too far away, and I heard Horror's deep voice. "I say just go for it. What's the worst that could happen?" They turned the corner and before Killer could answer, we locked eyes. His eyes trailed down to my bare chest and I quickly crossed my arms in front of me. "You, uh, lose something, Boss?" he asked, more concerned than I thought he would be. "Yes, my shirt. But that much was obvious." Killer nodded slightly, before looking at Horror and back at me.

"Boss, are ya, um, feelin' okay? Ya look a bit...melty." I cocked an eyebrow. What the fuck does melty mean? "B-Boss, y-you're..." Killer handed me his phone with the camera pulled up. The black tar covering my face was dripping away, revealing my dull and scarred bone. I quickly covered my face with my hand and ran off, leaving the phone on the floor. Killer whined about it, but I had more pressing matters to deal with.

~(Y/N)'s POV~

Ever since I had my morning water, things feel a little bit off. My phone is reading September, but I could've sworn it was August. I shrugged it off and just assumed I was being dumb. I mean, my calendar was flipped to the month of September, and technology is never wrong! I decided to text Night and see what was going on. Usually he'd text back quickly, but he wasn't responding. "I hope he's okay..." I started getting dressed, deciding to go for a walk in the park.

As I made my way to the park, a skeleton patted my shoulder. In their left eye was a deep blue color, and a gemstone of the same color was imbedded into their hands. "Heya, you wouldn't happen to be (Y/N), would you?" I shifted my shoulder and away and narrowed my eyes. "Depends on who's asking." "I'm Sans, Sans the skeleton. Frisk told me about a human friend with (H/L), (H/C) hair who walked like they were late and really early at the same time."

I felt my cheeks heat up at the description of how I walked. "Y-Yeah, I'm (Y/N). Nice to meet you, Sans." We shook hands, and the blue gemstone glowed slightly. "Sorry, the Sodalite glows when it's touched. Don't mind it, please." "Sodalite?" "Yeah, the stone in my hand. All monsters have one. My brother, Papyrus, has Carnelian in his hands." I nodded, so my Universe incorporates Gems into the monsters. Huh. "So, why did you stop me, Sans?"

"Well, Frisk is having some trouble with their French class and we monsters only speak English, so there's not much there. They said that you took French and helped them with it before. If it were math or science, they got me and Alphys, but..." I smiled and patted Sans's shoulder, giggling a bit. "Sure thing, Sans. You lead the way." Sans put his hand over my own and squeezed it, the Sodalite glowing. "Don't worry, I know a shortcut."

A/N: Thanks for reading! @Lunawolf34 helped me out with some writer's block, so thank you to them! I'll be making a book dedicated to GemTale, and my other AU that's in the works, JisatsuTale! GemTale is the main setting for this book, but I plan on having JisatsuTale getting its own book. I hope to see you all soon! 

Also, to any Americans reading, I am very sorry for everything that happened 21 years ago today. To all the lives lost, you have my respect. Thank you to all the EMS members that fought diligently to save lives, at the risk of their own. 

Date: 9/11/22 21:25 

Word Count: 1043