First Day

~(Nightmare's POV)~

I sat down in the chair opposite of Killer's bed as I watched Sci start healing him. "Killer, your SOUL is...like melting?" I got up quickly and saw it was reverting from a target into a heart. "B-Boss, fix it...please?" he said, looking at me. A white pupil was faintly appearing in his eye and he sounded so...sad. "What do you mean, Killer?" He glanced to Dream and then away. "The reason my SOUL always appears as a target is because Nightmare removes my emotions. So I don't feel all that guilt..."

Dream looked at me and I nodded, confirming Killer's words. "Oh Killer, it's so much better to have emotions! I promise, I can help you come to terms with your past. That way, you can enjoy your emotions again, okay?" Killer glanced over to me. "Is he telling the truth, Boss?" "Yes, Killer. I'm sure Dream could definitely help you," I said, seeing Killer nod. "O-Okay, then..." It was no doubt that me taking them away helped, but could Dream help more?

Sci stood up and wiped the sweat from his forehead with his sleeve. "I've healed you as best as I can without wasting all my magic. We can safely get you to our base so Lust can heal you more, okay?" "Lust? The whore?" "Killer, that's like referring to Horror as 'the cannibal'," "Oh, shit, you're right. I'll apologize to him when I see him..." Dream smiled and helped Killer stand, while Sci leaned on the doorframe.

"Lust and Sci are the best healers we have, Killer. Now, come on. Let's get you two to our base!" Dream opened a golden portal and stepped through with Sci. I used a tentacle to help Killer walk and entered the portal. I winced at the brightness of the room. "And this is my room!" Dream said. It had yellow walls and grey tile floors with a yellow rug. His bedsheets were yellow, everything was fucking yellow. 

"I'll get Lust," Sci said, walking out. I sat Killer on the bed and he put a head to his head. "Ugh, it's really bright in here," he said. "My thoughts exactly, Killer," The door suddenly burst open with Ink and Blue there, both looking angry. "Nightmare!" Ink yelled, his pupils both red. "Ink, Blue! Calm down, he's not bad anymore!" Ink seemed to not care about Dream's words, but Blue did relax. "He isn't?"

I stepped forwards and glared down at the Creator. "I'm on your side now, Ink. Hurting me would be unkind, would it not? Aren't you the good guy?" Ink faltered and glanced to Dream before putting his paintbrush away. "Sorry, I guess. When Sci said you and Killer were here, it sent a lot of people into a panic. Blue, come with me so we can calm everyone down." The two left, and Lust came in. "Hiya, so I'm healing you?"

Killer nodded weakly. "Yeah...and sorry for thinking you were a slut just because of your AU. it was...pretty shitty of me." Lust seemed shocked before a large smile spread on his face. "Aww, thank you! Only a couple people have actually apologized for that, so it means a lot! I'm sorry for thinking you and the rest of the Gang were bad guys. Horror and Error are actually really nice! And Reaper's...weird."

"Yeah, a pain in the ass," I said, Lust snickering. He got to healing Killer and Dream was just smiling at me. Fucking creep. "Why are you looking at me like that?" "Can I have a hug?" I almost reflexed punched him, but gave in and opened my arms. His smaller figure was almost immediately in my arms, squeezing me tightly. If I were still made of bones, I would probably be dead. "Oh, brother! I missed you so much!" "I...missed you too, brother..."

"Aww!" Killer and Lust said. I growled and smacked the back of Killer's head with a tentacle, making Lust snicker. "Why?!" "Because you're stupid, Killer. That's why," I said, making Lust and Dream snicker. "C'mon, let's go see your old friends, Nightmare!" Dream grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the room and down some stairs. Lust and Killer were walking behind us, talking like old friends.

I was finally let go after Dream stopped. I looked around and saw a group of skeletons, all staring. Error, Reaper, Horror, Dust, Razz, and G were all there. "Well, look who it is. The traitors." Error just chuckled. "Aƚ ʅҽαʂƚ I'ɱ ɳσƚ α ϙυιƚƚҽɾ ʅιƙҽ ყσυ, ƚαɾϝαƈҽ," he said. After a few seconds of glaring, we both chuckled a bit. Horror smiled sheepishly. "Heya, Boss...I, uh-" "There's no need to be sorry, Horror. I'm not mad at you, not by a long shot."

Horror smiled and was tackled into a hug by Killer. "OH MY SWEET CRACKHEAD, I MISSED YOU!" Error and Reaper chuckled as Horror picked Killer up off the ground. "I missed ya too, shorty," he said, making Killer punch his chest playfully. The bond between the two of them was always strong and they seemed to enjoy each other's company the most. "I'm glad you're back to being you, Killer. You seem happier.

"Can you blame me? My best friend is back!" Killer continued to affectionately attach himself to Horror, who just chuckled and held onto him. "𝕯𝖎𝖉𝖏𝖆 𝖒𝖎𝖘𝖘 𝖒𝖊, 𝕹𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖞?" Reaper said, smiling. "No, I was relieved you were gone, actually." "𝕬𝖜, 𝖒𝖆𝖓..." Error and Horror laughed, and I let a dark chuckle escape my mouth. "So, nice to see you, Nightmare," G said, puffing out smoke, "It's aggravating dealing with so many positive people." 

Razz nodded, crossing his arms. "I do agree, they're very annoying. There are a few who aren't, but then there are people like Fresh...ugh," he said, rolling his eyes. It was good to be able to talk with some of the key members after so long. "Hey, Dream," someone said. I turned and saw that damned skeleton...CROSS. "Why hello there, you pathetic guard. Have you done anything useful yet or are you still a worthless jackass?" Horror and Killer started laughing really hard, and Dust even chuckled.

Cross pulled a blade and held it out in front of him. "Aw, you think a big knife scares me? Please, you're such an immature little out-code," I said, seeing the anger rise to his face. How refreshing. "Sh-Shut up, you murderer! People like you deserve to die!" I gasped dramatically and put a hand to my mouth. "Oh, my feelings! Absolutely broken hearted, oh! I might just cry!" "Cross, it's okay! Nightmare's good now! Gosh, I've said that so much..."

Date: 7/25/22

Word count: 1100