(Y/N) is Missing

~Killer's POV~

"Yeah, I think we can do that. Sound good with you, Killer?" I nodded, covering my mouth with the back of my hand. Cross chuckled and motioned towards the ice cream counter, stepping forward himself. I took a second and closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. Boss tried to teach me some breathing techniques to keep my emotions at bay, and a few worked, too. I felt my face drain of heat and my SOUL shift a bit again. I stepped forward and looked at the flavors, hearing Dolly and Cross talking, but not listening. I felt Cross's hand reach for mine, so I jerked it away and stuffed it in my pocket. The sudden change must've startled him, because his arm then pulled me close in a side hug. 

"You okay?" I nodded, looking in the opposite direction. "I want a pistachio cone." Cross sighed and let go, ordering his own chocolate cone and Dolly's rainbow one. I paid with Nightmare's credit card as an awkward silence fell over everyone. We took our cones and sat down, Dolly immediately digging in. "...Killer?" I turned to look at him, a pang of guilt hitting me when I saw how upset he looked. Like a fucking kicked puppy. "What?" "You...are you...feeling...better..?" I sighed and licked the ice cream, the odd taste of pistachio on my tongue. Cross's gaze never faltered, those sad eyes boring into the side of my skull. "I'm fine. Emotionless as ever, Cross." Cross side and began eating his cone.

I turned and saw how devastated he looked. Seriously, what was wrong with him? I'm always emotionless, so why is it bothering him now. "You look like you're going to cry." He turned to me, translucent tears already falling from his sockets. A pang of guilt struck me and I couldn't help but feel my sockets burn with tears. "C-Cross..?" "I'm sorry, it's stupid. I shouldn't want you to...to feel. I know how bad it hurts for you to feel, and here I am. Being selfish. I'm such a fucking asshole-!" I grabbed his hand and squeezed it, his tearful gaze meeting my own. I could feel the tears dripping from my sockets; not my normal black ones, but red translucent ones. Cross's tears only flowed more as he let out a choked sob.

He started crying into his sleeve, loud enough to rip Dolly's attention from her ice cream. "Mister Cross?! What's wrong?" She set her bowl of ice cream on the table and ran to Cross's seat, hugging his torso. I felt so completely useless. I couldn't do anything besides watch him break down completely. I grabbed my phone and called Boss, hoping and praying he wasn't busy. He answered quickly, his voice almost as panicked as mine was going to be. "H-Have you seen (Y/N)?!" "N-No, but Cr-" "I can't find them! I've looked around this entire fucking AU a-and they're just fucking- gone!" As much as Cross's sobs were worrying me, (Y/N) disappearing wasn't anything to play off.

I wiped my eyes with my sleeve and got up, startling Cross and Dolly enough to glance over. "(Y/N) went missing and Boss can't find them. Let's go." Cross sniffled and wiped at his face, Dolly glaring. "Mister Cross is crying!" "I know, kid, but (Y/N) could be dead. We can worry about his stupid crying later." The words came out more harsh than I expected, but Cross seemed to get up and get going anyways. Dolly was picked up by Cross, who tossed his ice cream and hers. Me, being the comedic relief, kept mine and was casually eating it as Cross and Boss talked on the phone. Dolly had gone silent, which didn't really worry me, considering I'd shut down, but was still mildly concerning.

Boss ran up to us, panic causing his singular eye light to twitch around like a bloodied prisoner. "Did- Did you see them wh-while you were-" I shrugged and licked my ice scream "Nah, but then again, I was too busy eating." My joke obviously wasn't appreciated considering a tentacle slammed me into the concrete. My ice cream... Cross and Boss kept talking, Boss sounding more panicked than I'd ever heard him. I got up in time to see the rest of the 'Stars' and our group exit a portal, though their words were all loud and jumbled together. Hands helped me off the ground, but I groaned in disgust when I saw it was the damn slut. "Keep your whore-ass cum-infested hands off me, you burlap sack."

~Lust's POV~

I pulled my hand back, shoving both of them into my pockets. Horror's hand rested itself on my shoulder, rubbing it gently. "Ya need ta stop bein' an ass, Killer," he said, his voice deeper than usual. I touched his hand and shook my head. "Don't get mad at him, it's normal for people to feel that way about me. I stopped caring a while ago." While that was a complete lie, Horror always seemed to believe me. I felt bad every time I did, but knowing how violent he could get, it was for the best. Nightmare's terrifying gaze quickly caught everyone's attention, as well as his tentacles thrashing violently around him.

We were separated into two-person groups, told to contact him if they found anything. Of course, it was weird he was going this far for some human, but I guess he must like them that much. Yeah, I know, big shocker. Nightmare is the last monster you think would be romantically involved, especially with a human. But I suppose everyone gets needs someone sometimes, and apparently (Y/N) was his one-way ticket to happiness. I should stop saying everything past-tense, considering (Y/N)'s probably not dead...Eh, it's easier. Horror's hand once again grabbed my shoulder. "Ya okay..?" "Mhm, thinking. You ready to go?" 

Horror smiled brightly and nodded, making my face heat up. He was the biggest softie, and I really had no idea how someone could not like him. Sure, his AU was scary and most people thought he was a cannibal, but he really is the sweetest monster. I got onto my tippy toes and kissed beside his mouth, his face glowing red. "Y-Ya, um...d-don't, someone'll s-see..." I giggled a bit, seeing how flustered he got. We started walking to our spot to search, nearly holding hands. We weren't exactly keeping our relationship a secret per se, but we weren't going to announce it. It might've been a while sine we started dating, but he didn't figure himself out yet, you know? 

This chapter sucks ass, I know. I needed something out. I hate it a lot, so please be gentle with your criticisms...

Date: 12/17/22 01:32

Word Count: 1117