Summer Vacay Pt. 2

~(Nightmare's POV, earlier that day...)~

I sighed and watched as Killer and Dust sparred. It's clear the love they had for fighting was dwindling, especially in Dust's case. His words had rung through my skull. He was going to leave the next chance he got, I was sure of it. Killer said he would stay, but could I really believe that? When everyone else had left, would he hold to his word? He was reliable, but also unpredictable and impulsive...

(Y/N) told me not to worry about it. They've become my soul confidant and I tell them everything. They're not scared of me and show me the love and respect you would get from a childhood friend. They always made me feel like I mattered, which I suppose Dream never did. "Don't worry about it too much, Nightmare. I know it seems like it's all crashing down, but it's not. You're strong, and I know when the time comes, you'll do the right thing."

I have no idea how they're so positive that everything will be okay, or why they have so much faith in me. It's refreshing to say the least. (Y/N) thinks that I'm a good person, yet I have no idea why. I'm a mass murder, for fuck's sake! "The point it, Nightmare, you're trying! You're trying to be a good person and that's all that matters. I don't know where you got the idea that you're the villain, when obviously you're not. In any case, you saved me from being tortured, so in my eyes...

you're my hero, Nightmare."

It's hard to explain what I feel about (Y/N) now. I get so happy when I get to see them, and their smile makes my SOUL do backflips. But at the same time, I'm so scared they'll leave me in the lurch. That I'll get too comfortable and they'll see me for the monster I am. They'll never want to see me again. And I don't think it's worth it to care about someone just to let them hurt you. Not again.

"Heya, Boss! (Y/N) just texted you!" Killer said, tossing my phone into my lap. 'Hey Nightmare! I'm going to the theme park to kick off summer vacay! You should join me and my friends. I miss you :(' I felt myself starting to smile, so I pushed it down the best I could. "So...can we go?!" Killer must've read the message before giving my phone to me. Little bastard. "If you can get Dust motivated, yes. I'm going either way."

Killer giggled like a little girl and ran off to Dust's room. I decided to teleport to my own and start getting dressed. I felt slightly nervous yet I have no idea why. "...they miss me?" Saying it out loud only made me feel worse. I felt nervous, yet excited. Oh no. I think I may be falling for (Y/N).

~(After the group ditched Zain and Jaxin)~

I saw as (Y/N)'s face filled with sadness. I hesitated before putting my hand on their shoulder. Their skin is soft..."Are you alright, (Y/N)?" I asked. They turned to me and put on a fake smile. "Yeah, just a little upset that he said such rude things..." One of their friends came beside them and put his hand on their shoulder, which caused me to involuntarily glare at him. "Well, he's just an asshole, Thys. No need to worry about his opinion."

Thys? Who the fuck is Thys?? I thought their name was (Y/N)?? My grip got tighter on their shoulder as I thought, so I released it as to not hurt them. Dani, the short girl from earlier, suddenly yelled. "Let's go on the sidewinder!" Killer agreed immediately, much to the little fucker's dismay. His negativity was most enjoyable. "Oh, no no no-" Before the bastard could say anything else, Dani and Killer started pulling him ahead of us.

Dust cracked a smirk and followed next to Killer, also enjoying his pain. I took the time to ask (Y/N) about Thys. "Thys?" They turned to me, their (E/C) eyes shining. God, they were cute. "I thought your name was (Y/N)?" I said, struggling to not stutter. They smiled and I could tell they were nervous. "Oh, it is! It's a nickname I got because I have an Amethyst dream catcher." They rubbed their neck, which only caused them to look cuter.

"I think it's much too barbaric of a nickname for you. How about Darling?" The words flew out of my mouth before I could think, and obviously it was the right thing to say. They're face darkened with blush and they tried to look at me, but kept turning away. "I-I, um...like that..," they said, fiddling with their hand. So. Fucking. Adorable. "Excellent, as long as I'm the only one that calls you that," I said.

They blushed more and nodded. "T-That would be n-nice..." I bit the inside of my cheek. It took everything I had to hold back from scooping them up and kissing them like the Multiverse was exploding. I attempted a cocky smirk, and I can only hope I didn't look stupid. Luckily, the four ahead of us were about to get on the ride, (Y/N) following. Killer, the asshole, and Dani were together, while Dust, (Y/N) and I were in front of them. Wait, why are we facing each other?

The ride started and spun so they were going backwards, much to Killer and Dani's chagrin. (Y/N) started giggling, which only made my hands tighten. 'Restraint, Nightmare..,' I reminded myself. The damn thing started tilting sideways, leaving the fucker looking paler than normal. Once again, the other three were laughing and screaming. While this would usually sicken me, (Y/N)'s happiness only made me happy.

Dust started laughing too, which was an odd sight. He seemed so carefree and happy. I don't think I've ever seen him like that. The thing stopped spinning, and

I thought it was going to stop, but then it started going backwards. I almost panicked, but (Y/N) put their hand on mine. Whether they realized it or not, it sent shivers down my spine and I smiled. A real smile. They were smiling and laughing, only making me feel happier. I didn't think this would be possible, but my Darling has always amazed me.

Date: 7/23/22 22:53

Word count: 1045