Papamare

This won't be even close to the 'real' way kids are adopted from orphanages, just a cute version with much less hassle. Because I want some fluff for once. 

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I smiled, buttoning up the white shirt. Nightmare and I had our backs to each other, though still carrying on a conversation. "That's besides the point." "Not really, Night. I just can't believe I never pieced it together." "Pieced what together?" Killer asked, suddenly in the room. He had gotten the habit of breaking into Nightmare's room since Halloween, usually being clingy with one or both of us. "That Night is nearly 530 years old!" Killer's sockets widened. "You're old!"

I turned around, seeing Nightmare had finished buttoning up his shirt. I tapped his shoulder and he turned to me, his face a light cyan. "I'm not old; I'm actually quite young for a God." "Sure, Boss...sure..," Killer said, coming up and holding my hand. He brought it to his mouth and kissed it, which he had also done since Halloween. He would do it once when we started talking that day, and once more before we parted ways for the night. It was odd, but I enjoyed the feeling. I felt almost royal.

"So, how old is he? I mean, 'nearly 530' isn't really an age- Hell, he could be 40, which is closer to 530 than 600!" "528, as of December 21, 2022." "Why'd you say the year?" "Yeah, Killer's not that stupid-" "Hey!" Nightmare glanced over at a random wall. "So they can calculate my age when they read this chapter." (Damnit, not you too! Ugh, my fourth wall *sobs*) "Uh...sure, Boss...so, where are you two going? A date? Can I come?!" Killer was smiling so wide I almost wanted to say yes.

"We're not going on a d...date..." I smiled and started walking towards the doors, hearing Nightmare and Killer's conversation get progressively quieter. I left the bedroom, heading downstairs. Dust and Horror had left together, not telling anyone where they were going or why. Except me- it was those ballet lessons from Halloween. Cross was on the couch, playing video games while on the phone with someone who kept saying "bruh".

Nightmare and Killer eventually came down, Nightmare's face bright cyan. The God made a portal to my world in a back alley, the three of us walking through. "So, Killer's coming with?" Nightmare ignored me, starting to walk towards what I assumed was the orphanage. "What the..?" "He's having two overwhelming feelings right now, (Y/N). Give him a while to calm down, okay?" I nodded, concern spreading through my body. Killer and I walked together, quietly conversing while Nightmare walked ahead.

The orphanage was dilapidated- looking like something more out of a horror movie than a real establishment. We walked in, the human receptionist seeming fearful. "Hello, may I speak with Ms. Cathy?" The woman nodded, running out of the room quickly. After a few minutes of awkward silence, an older Caucasian woman with ginger hair and white streaks stepped out fo a door. She had wrinkles from smiling and a short, plump body. "Ah, you must be Mr. Adfectus, correct?" Killer and I exchanged a look as Nightmare nodded.

The woman glanced towards us, raising an eyebrow. "Are they with you?" "Yes. Don't mind them." The woman nodded and led Nightmare into the room, offering us a smile as they left. I didn't understand what just happened- Nightmare wasn't called Nightmare, he didn't seem to care about either of us much, and- "You alright, (Y/N)? You look upset." I nodded, trying to smile. He seemed to neither buy it nor challenge it. I guess he must've figured it out? Either way, I'm glad he's such a cool guy...

~Time Skip~

I looked up upon hearing the door open, Nightmare walking out with Dolly in his arms. He bid someone behind the door goodbye and walked over. "Well, we need to go get her things for her new room." I crossed my arms, a frown crossing my face. "Is...something wrong?" "No, it's nothing. Let's go." Killer's hand grabbed my own, squeezing it gently. "Boss, I'm gonna walk with (Y/N) for a bit before we join you." Nightmare opened his mouth, but Dolly called out before he could. "Oh, (Y/N)! I didn't recognize you!"

I offered a tired smile at Dolly's beaming grin. I felt bad I couldn't share her enthusiasm, but I just suddenly felt like shit. Between these little things with Nightmare and- "(Y/N), are you okay? Your...eyes are leaking," Killer said, a small hint of humor during the latter half of the question. I wiped my face, feeling a couple stray tears against the back of my hand. "Yeah, sorry. I have no clue what that was about..." "I did something, didn't I? My darling hates me. Of course they would- I'm just some sad excuse of a Guardian who's not even-"

I grabbed Nightmare's hand and tugged he, and by proxy Killer, out of the orphanage. I already began feeling better. "Okay, now let's get some clothes for my lil Dolly, okay?" I asked, taking her from Nightmare and setting her on my shoulders. Her hands grabbed around my forehead as her legs kicked softly against my chest. "Yay! Thank you, (Y/N)!" I walked on, Killer and Nightmare conversing behind me. This whole thing was weird...

It was like my AU was beginning to...affect me?

Sorry for the short chapter, I have a 1400+ after this full of drama! And I needed to upload SOMETHING- While you wait for an update, please check out @SunnyClyde's stuff! They're just mah lil niecephew-

Date: 11/8/22 16:21

Word Count: 932