Confession Pie

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I sighed and watched the steam waft from the pie. "I hope he likes it..." "Don't worry, pal! Nightmare hates everything!" "Inky bae, ya no really helpin' (Y/N) get their nerves all chillaxed, yo." I rolled my eyes and picked up the pie, still without mitts. Before Fresh or Ink could speak, I walked out of the room and towards the coldest part of the castle. You see, Killer mentioned once when I was first taken that Nightmare's negativity causes the castle to be colder where he is. 

When I got to the room that was the coldest, the door was shut. I kicked it open and saw Nightmare sleeping on a throne. Jeez, I forget he's royalty sometimes. I walked closer and set the plate on the small table beside him, where an empty coffee cup laid. I turned to walk out, but a tentacle wrapped itself around my wrist, pulling me backwards. "Huh?" "(Y/N), did you...make this?" he said, tiredly. He seemed almost shocked, which was odd. I inhaled and walked closer.

"Nightmare I...you..." I felt myself begin to freeze up- why do emotions have to be so hard? Wait, can't he sense people's emotions? "Can you...sense emotions and hear thoughts?" Nightmare seemed skeptical of me, but nodded. "Good. Do that. To me, I mean." "I-" "Please, Night?" "...alright." A cold hand touched my temple, oddly comforting me. "You may start now, (Y/N)." 'Okay, can you hear me?' "Yes, I can." 'Shit, okay. Um...look, I can't say it. Out loud, I mean. Um...' "Is there a reason? A curse of some sort?" 'No, I...just shut up and stop looking at me like that.'

"Like what?" 'Like I matter to you.' "Wha-" 'Nightmare, I like you. Well, no. At this point, it's probably a word stronger than that...either way, I like you romantically. I want to be your lover, Nightmare. If you would have me..?'  Nightmare's singular eye went wide as he stared, making me feel like I'd already messed up. I had no idea what thoughts he could read, but if he can hear me now, I want him to know I've felt like this for a while. That he's been- "(Y/N)." "Y-Yes..?" 

"Say it. Tell me out loud." "But, I-" "I need to know it's not someone else." "...I want to be your lover, Nightmare." Nightmare's tendrils began wagging rapidly as a smile made its way onto his face. He stood up and his smile only got wider. "As do I, (Y/N). I would like nothing more than to be able to call you mine." I smiled and gently wrapped my arms around him, Nightmare reciprocating the affection.

"I want to be your lover..," ...what. "I know it may seem sudden, but I've had these feelings for a while an-" "Nightmare." The King glanced up, his single eye small and twitching. "Y-Yes, Darling?" I opened my eyes as tears leaked from the side, a smile crossing my lips. "Y-You mean it?" Nightmare seemed to relax as a smile fell across his own face. "With all of my SOUL, (Y/N)."

I blinked twice, a scene from somewhere else coming back to me. Nightmare seemed affected as well. "What..." "Was that?" After asking, memories of a distant past placated my mind. Memories of Nightmare and I as a couple. Kissing, cuddling, meeting Dream. That's why my date was off by a month! But what does that mean? "Nightmare, did you..?" "Yes, I saw those memories as well. This begs the question...what the hell happened?"

~Nightmare's POV, Time Skip~

We were all gathered into the meeting room of the Stars' base, everyone sitting together. (Y/N) was beside me, their eyes uncertain. Their aura radiated fear and anxiety, so I tried my best to soak up the aura. Dream flinched and turned to me, making awkward eye contact. He just smiled and sat back, a cocky look on his face. The ass. (Y/N)'s soft hands made their way into mine, squeezing it. It had been two days since their confession AND that delicious pie that I may or may not have eaten quicker than Horror could devour an entire chicken.

"Alright, pals! Nightmare actually called this meeting, okay? So let's all give him attention!" "The heck? Are we some funking kids?! And who the funk is censoring me?!" "I am, ya totes unrad Skeldude! Let Goopy Brah all up n' explain his issue, ya dig?" Red groaned and sat back, Science rubbing his shoulder with a nervous chuckle. I stood, (Y/N)'s hand slipping from my grip. "As you may be aware, it's October." The room's aura read confused and upset. Insolent brats.

"The entire month of August was erased from my mind, as well as this human's," I said, gesturing for (Y/N) to stand. They did, though their eyes remained down. They were terrified. "Our memory gap is linked, I believe. Two days ago, we simultaneously recollected the month's agenda. We have no clue as to what happened, and it's deeply frustrating. If any of you have any information regarding this, I urge you to come forward. Oh and...I'll know if you're lying. Your auras say it all."

(Y/N) sighed and wobbled, almost falling into me. Before I could steady them, Cross was holding their shoulder, considering he was beside them. When (Y/N) had confessed, they said they went to tell Cross. He took it well and just accepted staying as friends. I told him afterwards to swear his secrecy. As far as I could tell, he kept his promise. "Woah, (Y/N). You okay?" "...I-I don't feel w-well," they stuttered. "Cross, get some water. They're having a panic attack." Cross set them down and ran out, leaving me to deal with it.

Dream was almost immediately where Cross had been, taking one of their hands and emitting a golden aura of calm. I took their other hand and took away as much negativity from them as I could. "N-Night, I think I-I'm gonna be sick..," they said, their eyes hazed. I went to stand, but their grip was desperately trying to keep me there. I stayed and looked to Killer, who was immediately gone. Cross came back with a glass of water, holding it to them. The smallest drop of the liquid spilled, which I absentmindedly wiped away with my thumb.

Their face turned a shade redder and they smiled. Before I could do anything, their lips had left a soft kiss on my cheek. Although I was completely flustered at the kiss, especially in front of people, they were trembling like a leaf. Killer was back with a bucket, setting it between their legs. A few minutes of Dream telling them positive things while I reminded them to breathe, the color came back to their face and they stopped shaking.

"Are you feeling better now, (Y/N)?" "Yeah, it happened when Night mentioned the memory loss..." "Damn it..," I muttered, standing. "As you can see, it's affecting not only their mental state, but their physi-" A nauseating dizziness struck me, causing me to grip the table. The sudden voice of Dream was turning into a high pitched ringing. I recovered much quicker than (Y/N) did, even though when I came to, they looked scared. "I'm alrig-" "Night, please! Something's really wrong! Dream said so himself!"

"What?" "He said that usually he feels what you're feeling and that what happened to you wasn't emotionally based at all!" Dream nodded, concern contaminating his aura. The room was tense before Ink spoke up randomly. "With that out of the way, Halloween is coming up! We'll be going to these AUs for trick-or-treating! Certain people will do different things like-" 

Date: 10/28/22 00:33

Word Count: 1268