The Morning After

I groaned and rubbed at my eyes, the small amount of sunlight coming in through the drapes being just enough to wake me. I expected my king, the man I had just connected with so intimately the night prior, to be at my side, but he was...gone? I felt around on either side of the bed, the silky sheets cold and empty. I shivered, pulling the covers up over my bare chest to fight off the cold settling into my skin. What time even was it? Fuck, I need a shower. As I tried sitting up, I heard a dark chuckle from the door. I peered over, seeing the monster of my dreams standing in the doorway with a smile and something in his tentacles.

"I see you are awake, (Y/N). Did you rest well?" I smiled and made grabby hands for him, a small laugh escaping his teeth. He walked over and rested on the bed, tipping his head slightly. "I shall take that as a yes?" "Mhm, slept through the whooooole night. You sleep good?" Nightmare softly touched his teeth to my lips, lingering for a moment before pulling back. "I did, yes. I even made you...breakfast in bed." He held a tray that was preciously suspended in his tendrils, which was filled with breakfast foods. There were the most fluffy pancakes I've ever seen, a bowl of fruits- raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries specifically-, some bacon, and a nice big glass of- "Is that soda?" "We are out of milk and- well it's cola-" I chuckled and reached for a blueberry, popping it into my mouth.

"Thanks for breakfast, Nighty." "Yes, of course, my darling. I figured you would be more comfortable lying down for a bit considering our...antics last night." Nightmare then pulled a little tiny cup, about the size of a shot glass, from behind him. There were a couple pills, but I didn't recognize them. Maybe it was monster medicine? Would it even work? "And here are some pain pills. These are ibuprofen, to hopefully reduce any soreness." I smiled and quickly took them, swallowing them down with soda. I let out a soft exhalation, Nightmare's hand softly cupping my cheek. I gave him a questioning look, but nonetheless, leaned into his cold touch. Mm... "As much as I hate to ruin this adorable moment, love, you should check in on your AU soon...perhaps on the human and monsters?"

"You know, Nighty, if I didn't know you better, I'd say you wanted to use my AU as yoooooour territory. Just saying." Nightmare chuckled and kissed my nose gently, the action soothing me even more. "I can say I am quite curious about the Sans and Frisk of your world, but with no Multiversal wars on my schedule, there is no reason to have designated territory...aside from gathering negativity, I suppose." "Well no place better than your sexy lover's world." "Oh? My sexy lover?" I grinned stupidly at Nightmare's slightly challenging look. "That would be me, Nighty." Nightmare shook his head and moved the tray to properly lean close without spilling anything.

"Sexy doesn't even come close , my darling. You are so much more amazing and arousing than words can describe. A talented, wonderful human who near constantly makes my Soul race in a most loving way. An attractive and kind Soul who inspires me to become a better monster- not just for you, for our- f-for my daughter as well." Nightmare leaned in and firmly pressed his teeth to my lips, his dark bones cyan with blush. Was he going to say 'our daughter'? How cute...he really is an amazing maaaaa- where the fuck is his daughter- "Babe?" Nightmare hummed, nuzzling his nasal cavity against my cheek. "Where the fuck is Dolly?"

He sighed, rolling his eye. "She slept with Horror and Dust on the couch. I saw Dust and Dolly still sleeping when I woke up and went to make coffee. Do you wish to see her?" I nodded, gripping greedily onto my boyfriend for attention. He shook his head and smiled, kissing my nose so delicately that it was hard to believe he was this- this Multiversal mass murdering terrorist. "I'll get you something nice to wear, dear. Eat up first, yes?" "Okay...thank you, Nighty." "Of course my darling. I love you." "I love you too!" Nightmare smiled fondly and went to the closet, assumedly getting clothes for me as I ate.

The food was amazing- maybe Nightmare should look into doing something as a cook now that there was no war? I've never really been sure what exactly he did, but surely his workload was lighter without wars going on? There was a soft knock at the door, which immediately caused Nightmare to exit the closet. "I'll get it, love." I nodded and forked another bite of pancake into my mouth. Nightmare opened the door and sighed, walking out and shutting it behind him. It was weird he didn't talk to them from the doorway, but it was probably because I was naked or something. Not that I minded.

After a very delicious breakfast, I noticed Nightmare still hadn't come back. I sighed and resigned myself to getting up and getting clothes for myself. I swung my legs off the bed and stood, feeling my legs give an involuntary shake. Well that's fun, good to know I'm going to have a hard time walking for an hour or so. Luckily there was no soreness, but my legs were still shaky enough to make me consciously think about every step I took. I made my way into Nightmare's walk-in closet, gaping. I seriously forget how rich this asshole is.

I browsed his extensive wardrobe for a while before finally deciding to just take something from what seemed to be the "casual" section. Honestly, it was like a mini department store more than a fucking closet. I snatched up one of his shirts, putting it on and chuckling to myself. Now, I'm saying this as a positive thing: Nightmare is plus-sized. Therefore, this shirt that he would barely be able to tuck in reached about my mid thigh. Whether it was his height or figure that determined why his clothes were so big, I didn't really care, but I couldn't be more thankful that he wears a bigger size than I do.

I mean, this is great! I grabbed a pair of underwear from the pack Killer brought me in the hospital, slipping them on. I took a nice long look in Nightmare's full length mirror before deciding pants were for losers and slipping on some of Nightmare's fuzzy, black slippers. I wiggled my toes around and smiled, starting to head downstairs. I somehow remembered the route to the living room and, lo and behold, Dust and Dolly were still asleep and cuddling on the couch. She was laying on his chest, her golden hair all messy and looking more like a rat's nest than her normal luscious locks.

I walked over and rubbed her back, which actually woke Dust instead of Dolly. "Mm...oh, hey, (Y/N)." I smiled and gave a little wave in the sleepy skeleton's direction. Dust was...weird, to say the least. He had this vibe about him that he wasn't quite as calm and put together as he seemed, but I tried not to think too hard on it. I knew that Nighty picked people for his old resistance that were "broken" or whatever, so Dust was clearly dealing with something. "Want me to get her for you?" I asked, gesturing to Dolly with a tilt of my head.

Dust glanced at Dolly, seemingly confused for a moment. "Oh...yeah. Thanks." I nodded and gently picked up the little one, holding her protectively in my arms. She was getting a little hard to carry, being taller and about 50 pounds or so. That really made me think back to how easily everyone picked her up- Nightmare and Horror acted as if she weighed nothing when they picked her up; the thought of Nightmare's semi-muscular cyan body from last night flashed in my mind, pulling a blush to the surface of my cheeks.

"Fuck...heavy little flesh bag..." Dust sat up, rubbing his sternum in pain. "Heavy?" Dust looked at me, his eyelights becoming unfocused for a moment before sharpening again. "I'm weaker than everyone else. Physically. Thin bones." Dust stood up, looking me up and down with an unreadable expression. "Where are your pants?" "Oh- couldn't find my pants, so I just took one of Nightmare's shirts." Dust blinked and put his hands in his pockets, shrugging. "Well, it gets cold when the Boss is pissed off so...be warned." I snorted and followed Dust in the direction of the kitchen. What a weird morning...oh well.

Finals are done! I finished my finals Dec.7, so from now until January, I have no college or anything to worry about. Hopefully this means I'll be able to update more frequently but...don't get your hopes up. I have a joint account (link in my bio) with one of the best Undertale Wattpad writers, SpiritWolfNura. I would seriously check their shit out (Protective is one of my favorites). Anyways, I've rambled on enough- hope you enjoyed the more relaxed writing style!

Date: 12/8/23 06:41

Word Count: 1537