Discharged

~(Y/N)'s POV~

I waved goodbye as my friends left, Dani making me swear up and down to stay in touch. As the door closed, I couldn't help but let out a small sigh of relief. "Something the matter, darling?" "Just...my social battery has completely run out..." Nightmare nodded and sat beside me, rubbing my head gently. "Well, I worked out your discharge already. Since you're an adult, the hospital decided to let you sign off for yourself. You just need to sign the discharge papers and I can provide payment."

I smiled up at him, meeting his gaze. "You really don't have to pay, Night..." "I want to. And it's not as if money is an issue, dear." I shook my head a little, scoffing. "You rich asshole..." He leaned down and touched his teeth to my forehead. "Your rich asshole, (Y/N)." I smiled, relaxing into the bed. Nightmare continued rubbing my head silently for a while, being as soft as caring as ever. A small knock broke the silence. "(Y/N)~! I got some snacks and your slushie!" I smiled and chuckled quietly, looking back up at my lover.

He was scowling at the door, about three seconds away from yelling. "Come on in, Dream." He skipped into the room happily and walked over. "Where's Dolly?" "Dani took her back out to the others. I trust them to watch over her while I tend to (Y/N)." Dream rolled his eyes and handed my slushie over after I sat up. "I'm pretty sure they can take care of themself, brother. I think you just wanted some...alone time~," Dream said, winking at Nightmare. The darker skeleton turned bright cyan and immediately started yelling at Dream, who just giggled.

I sipped my slushie and watched silently. It took about four minutes for Nightmare to just get into a silent rage, where he sat pouting. "I just can't believe you'd want to do such a thing after they got-" "SHUT YOUR MOUTH-" And they're at it again- Holy shit, they're supposed to be like- 500- why are they so childish?? "Ladies, ladies, you're both pretty. Now quit yelling, you're giving me a headache." "A-Apologies..." "Sorry (Y/N)-" I shrugged and sipped my slushie, humming contentedly. It was sooooo good.

"Did you want me to get your release papers, my love?" "That'd be nice...would you, Night?" He smiled and nodded, touching his teeth to my cheek before leaving with the promise of a swift return. Dream waited for him to leave before sitting down. "Sooo...Dolly." I looked up at him, pulling back from sipping my drink. "What about her?" "Why did he decide to adopt her..?" I sighed and mumbled quietly, recounting the story. Dream nodded, pensive and quiet for a bit. "He's a good person. Nightmare." "Yeah, I know-?"

Dream seemed to be troubled by something, a bead of sweat dripping down his skull. "Something wrong, Goldie Locks?" "N-No I...I just...thank you. For convincing him to...to..." "Yeah, I figured it was probably for the best. He was really upset about everyone...well, at least Killer stayed to the end, right? It's probably why I trust him the most." Dream nodded, playing with his hands. "I'm just...worried Nightmare hasn't forgiven them yet..." "Well, I mean...that's not really your territory."

Dream sighed and held his skull. "I know! But with that lingering negativity, i-it's hard to focus on the positives-! (Y/N), can you talk to him? Please?" I frowned and looked away, avoiding Dream's now unbreaking gaze. "Please, (Y/N)." Like a begging puppy. "I need you to!" "Need them to what, Dream?" What perfect timing- I glanced over to Nightmare, smiling in an attempt to thank him for getting me out of the uncomfortable situation. "Nothing brother! It's nothing!" Dream smiled and laughed a little, getting up and excusing himself to the bathroom.

Nightmare kept his gaze on Dream as he walked past him, the doctor following with papers. "What was that about?" "I'll tell you later- are those the papers?" The doctor nodded, walking over. "Now, you need to watch those stitches carefully, alright? They're dissolving stitches, but we also have a very strong glue holding the stitches together as well. Do not pick the glue off for at least three weeks. If it comes off during a shower or something of the sorts, put some gauze around it. Other than that, try to let the area breathe for at least 3 hours a day." I nodded, mentally noting down what to do. Nightmare was physically writing it down in a small notebook. So cute-