Epilogue

The universe is a strange place, there are so many things that happen without season or understanding behind it. One of those things is the whole concept of soul mates. How did they end up here? How did the thought to go for a run through her new neighborhood after feeling upset, be the way Courtney met Kian? After laying in bed practically all day what made Kian get up and decide to do his usual jog, just an hour later, going down an extra street before he would normally just return home? Was it fate that brought them together on that same street all sweating and gross but so attracted to one another? The universe is a strange place.

--

*Kian pov*

"Hahahah I love when your nose wrinkles up when you laugh really hard. It's, it's my favorite!" Courtney muttered between laughs. I stop my laughter with my hands over my face suddenly feeling self conscious of something I can't control.

"Stawwwppp, I love it!" Courtney fussed and took my hands off my face.

"You know I hate that!" I argued.

"Yeah yeah, get over it, it's cute, your smile, your laugh, you, it's all cute." She flinched her wrist at me before walking over and pulling a big tshirt out of my drawer.

"I think it's pretty "cute" when.." I made air quotations, "you get nervous and pop your fingers and fiddle with anything you can get your hands on." I told her mischievously.

"That's not cute, it's annoying." she said. I watched from bed as she pulled off her shirt to pull mine on. Then promptly pulled her hair up for bed.

"Noo" I protested as she did for me. "Whateverrrr" she sassed and pulled off her jeans and walked over to bed. I decided to mess with her and pull the sheets tight so she couldn't get in bed, leaving her pantless.

"I love your dents on your ass." I smirked at her. She put her hands on her hips and looked at me. Then checked herself.

"let's just call them butt dimples." she suggested.

"They're cute." I added to annoy her before letting her in bed.

"Mhm."

I spent quite some time sitting and scrolling through emails and twitter notifications. Courtney had turned over and I had thought fell asleep.

"Kian?" I heard weakly.

"yeah?"

"What do you want?" she muttered, I almost thought she was sleep talking.

"What? What do you mean?"

"What do you want.. Like out of life?" she began. She still was facing the opposite way and I tried to look at her but her eyes were shut.

She continued, "What do you see in me, maybe is what I'm asking?"

This stumped me. Not because I hadn't thought about it, because I have, many many times. I think about it alot actually. But because I wasn't sure what she exactly wanted me to say, and really how much I could say.

"I see love and color." I said half heartedly. I heard her sigh. I turned over draping my arm over her hip.

"I see my life ahead of me. Because you're the only person I picture life down the road with. I see adventures, milestones, vacations! When I see you, I see my life." I tell her sincerely. She turned and gave me a lingering kiss before telling me she loved me and we went to sleep.

-

"Taking your shoes off and walking bare foot in the sand is such a satisfying feeling, ohh my gosh." Courtney said throwing her flip flops on our beach towel next to our things.

"Follow for more relatable posts!" she laughed and skipped down the sand a ways.

"Such a relatable teen." I shouted at her and turned around smiling with her hair blowing in her face. I aligned at her struggle to pull it from her mouth.

My goofy girlfriend.

After removing my shoes, I ran to catch up with her. The sun was warm and I could feel it beating on my shoulders and on Courtneys when I put my arm around her. Kissed her when she leaned in on me.

"This is like, the best beach. We are one of the only people here!" she said happily and looked around.

After slashing in the waves and laying in the sun while we attempted a sand mountain, the sun finally started to go down.

"You know how people say, 'there are plenty of fish in the sea'?" I asked Courtney and sat up. She gave me an uncertain look and said "Yeah.."

"Well, it's like, weird to me to think that.. You're like.. My sea."

She stuck out her lip in a pout and stared at me.

"What?" I chuckled.

"That was so.. Sweet" She smiled and even though she was slightly sun burnt on her beautiful face I could tell she was blushing.

I got this sudden burst of feeling and energy and I got up basically giggling in excitement and ran down the beach screaming. I probably looked like a complete idiot, but like Courtney had mentioned earlier, the beach was ours. And sometimes I just get so fucking happy that she is mine that it makes my heart feel like it's gonna explode. I heard her contagious laugh and he running after me and I stopped in the wet sand. That girl running at me in the wind, is mine. She's mine. She is fucking jaw dropping gorgeous and she's mine. Who would've known, that she loves ME?!

She ran and just hugged me making me almost lose my balance.

"What the hell was that for?" She laughed interlocking her hand with mine while looking up at me.

"I get overwhelmed by your beauty."

"Oh shut up!" she laughed.

"No really! Like you are wayyyy too good for me. I am beyond lucky."

"I'm the lucky one, you're a stud." She complimented. I realized we were in a compliment war, but I knew I would always win this one.

"You remember last night?" I asked

"Yeah?"

"I have better answers."

"You don't need better answers Kian. It was just a question." she grinned at me.

"But I do. What is one memorable thing I've said to you?" I asked.

She squinted her eyes at me, "Uh.." she thought.

"When you said that I disliked the stomach that may carry.. Our children one day." she said. I smiled at that, because that is what she remembered.

"Well, to me, yes you're my life. Yes I see my future. And that includes everything. I see you being my wife, I see you being the mother to my children, I see you being with me when we are old and wrinkly. And it's really fucking cool and I fucking love the fuck out of you because you are fucking beautiful and fuckkkkk I need to stop cussing."

I saw her giggle and look up at me with glossy eyes. I panicked and thought maybe I said something wrong or something too soon.

"You see that?" She asked. I smiled and nodded before she hugged me, digging her feet into the sand beside mine.

It took everything in me not to tell her that last night, when I was thinking of how to answer her question, the answer was in that very room. Because little did she know, under that mattress, was the very ring that would change it all. The very ring that will be in my hand once I drop to one knee in front of her.

Because she once told me, that all she wanted was to finally just love. And she tells me she loves me, multiple times a day, and now I know, I've given her what she's wanted all along.

"All I want is to love someone and have them love me back."