Chapter 34: Dissapointment

*Courtney pov*

When I get home, it's time to go. We do the last minute things we need to do, like shut blinds and lights off. Then we leave taking an taxi to the airport.

The airport time wasn't stressful and neither was our flight.

I haven't been home is so long, like I wanted to visit but at the same time it brings back so many memories.

We arrived at our hotel, and all the surroundings were so familiar outside. It also felt wrong being here.

We hung out at the hotel the rest of the night. My grandma made plans to visit a friend of hers so I was going along tomorrow.

I worked out at the gym they had at the hotel and then headed to bed.

The next morning I got up and half way ready. Only dusting on some foundation and applying mascara. I brush my hair out and pin back a few strands and get dressed. Not total hobo style today but comfortable.

We order a rental car and get that all situated. Then we head to my grandmas friends house. My grandma knew lots of people. She being the caring person she was, always checked up on people and kept their friendships going. She makes friends with so many people, most of them being very nice. This person in particular i didn't know much about other than she was younger. Like her in her upper 40's, and had a few kids.And that's all I knew.

We arrived at this beautiful house. It wasn't a mansion but medium sized home. Very nice but kinda had an old person touch. We were greeted by the women at the front door.

"Hey! Claire!" My grandma said excitedly

And they hugged.

"Claire this is my granddaughter Courtney." My grandma says and Claire and I shake hands her smiling at me.

"Hi nice to meet you." I say kindly.

She welcomes us into her home and we go into her kitchen slash dining room. She has a few snacks out and cups and water. Wow, don't I feel special.

I kinda zoned out looking at her decor in her house as Claire and my grandma made small talk.

"I'm good, I'm good. Just glad the kids are at school! Not that they would come out of their rooms anyways!" Claire laughed. I know the feeling and can relate.

My grandma laughed politely.

My grandma talked about california and her accident. Gave me chills whenever she described it.

Claire talked about her husband and her new car she had gotten.

"So, this is that famous grand-daughter you always talk about.." Claire smiles looking from my grandma to me. I smiled shyly.

"Yes, my little Internet superstar. I don't understand most of it but all I know is people adore her!" My grandma gushed

"What do you do?" Claire asked like she was actually interested.

"I, Uh..."

"I make videos on YouTube." I say simply

"Oh my kids say that word sometimes! Like the only person I know is Christina grimmie. Just cause my daughter forces me to watch her videos. So you sing?" Claire says

"Oh that's funny. No I don't, I make all sorts of videos, topic videos, vlogs, rants, beauty videos. I do comedy most the time." I explain

"So people watch videos like yours? I dont understand the kids these days." Claire laughs and nods at my grandma