Chapter 47:Feeling blessed

*courtney pov*

I woke up and laid in my bed staring at the ceiling. It was already very sunny but I refused to believe that I actually turn 18 today. I refused to believe all of it.

A few years ago I couldn't wait to turn 18 and move out of my own personal hell. I thought that me and my boyfriend at the time would get to move in together and we would be really cute and stuff and everything would be better. Back then I didn't know that he would dump me and I would end up having two other boyfriends that I thought I loved. When I was 16 I didn't know if I would make it to 18, I never told anyone but I wish I did. When I was sixteen I didn't know that when I turned 18 I would have 400,000 subscribers on this amazing platform called YouTube. I didn't know that because of all this I would get amazing opportunities for the future and I would have so many people standing beside me. Like I said, when I was 16 I barely had anyone. Now the love is overwhelming. And it's all thanks to running into a special encounter when I was out on a run. Too busy to think what would happen from it because I was still too focused on my past, back home.

I could say so much about Kian. But all of it would mean so little to how I actually feel because my feelings are indescribable. But because of him, I've learned so much. He's made my life better. I wish I could just tell myself, as a 16 year old, how much better it can all get, and not to go through all thoughs heartbreaks just to feel again. I wish I could tell myself that I shouldn't just tell everyone my secrets because once they leave they will have thoughs forever.

Now, at 18, I'm laying in my bedroom in sunny California. I have a boyfriend, that I can't picture my life without, I have multiple friends that love and care for me and I have my grandma, the only family I could ever need. I'm supporting myself, and I am stable in all ways possible. I am so grateful for my life.

I finally get myself out of my daydream and look to my phone. All my social media feed is full of Happy Birthdays and I feel so blessed.

One of my many text messages, was from Kian.

From:Kian
Text me when you wake up Birthday Girl

To:Kian
Goodmorning my love<3

I got up and went down stairs and was greeted with a cup of coffee and a "Happy Birthday Courtney!"

I hugged my grandma and drank my coffee, it was made just the way I like it. It was so sunny outside and it was supposed to be warm today and I was so glad. Today was off to a great start.

Then I heard a knock at the door. I expected it to be the post man, with a package of something because when he does come it's around this time.

I opened the door and I was greeted by my favorite smiling human.

"Happy Birthday Baby!" Kian said loudly with his beautiful smile. In his arms was a bouquet of pretty pink roses. So many of them, I didn't count.

"Kian, oh my god! Thank you!" I say and go up and get on my tip toes to kiss him. He hands me the roses and we step inside. I smell the roses and motion kian to follow me because I wanted to put the flowers in water.

"Wow, those are stunning!" my grandma exclaimed.

"They're so pretty." I add and my grandma puts them in water. We go in the living room and kian holds both my hands.I hug his torso and just stand like that for a moment or two.

"You're the best. You really are." I tell him.

"You're beautiful, you really are!" he tells me back kissing both my cheeks making me giggle.

"Kian I just woke up!"

"That doesn't matter." he tells me.

"Kian have you eaten this morning!?" my grandma called from the kitchen.