Chapter 50:Talking too much

Chapter 50

*Kian pov*

"Court, it's the only thing I can think about. It's gonna be over so soon... Yeah it's for the better... but it's just so hard. It's like.. It's like, what jump started everything for us." I say with my hands firmly on the steering wheel, waiting at a stop light.

"It's not for a few weeks..You have time to think things through and-" Courtney says

"It's like a huge part of my life.. Just like stopping."

"I know. But you guys are all still best friends.. And that won't change. I see how you guys are-" Courtney assures me.

"Yeah but-"

"Kian just listen to me-"

"I am listening! You just don't understand how I feel." I say defensively.

*Courtney pov*

"You aren't listening.." I mumble and shut my book in my lap and look out the window.

"Well maybe I just want to talk for once. I feel like I'm always the one listening to whatever you have to say and usually I don't even care about it." Kian says in an annoyed tone. That pissed me off and also made me feel like shit.

"Well fuck you to than. Drive me home." I say and cross arms and refuse to look at him.

(Imaginary audience ooo's in the background)

I cannot believe he just said that. I don't even know what to say to that. I guess saying nothing works.

For whatever reason, he didn't even try to talk to me and dropped me off at my house. I shut the car door without saying goodbye and headed up to my house. I wanted to throw a fit in the lawn but decided against it. Though, it sounded like a great stress reliever.

I had the house all to myself, and I put on some comfortable clothes. I threw everything. My bag, my phone, my body, all on my bed.

Do I talk too much? Does he never care what I have to say? I can't think that.. Can I? He's kian. He was just upset.. Right?

Still that was so stupid of him to say. So rude and inconsiderate.

I decided to go downstairs, I make some tea and start up a movie. I drank some tea, had some pita chips, and just tried to let my mind focus on the film.

I texted Connor and asked him if I talk too much. I also asked Rebecca and Jenn if I talk about stupid things all the time. This rose suspicion but it's fine.

Connor told me "You don't talk to much. Someone just doesn't have the patience to listen." that really put things in persecutive to me. I'm gonna watch myself more, and make sure that I'm a good listener because I don't want anyone to feel like I dont care about what they have to say. It's a shitty feeling.

Connor asked "Who told you you talked too much?"

I replied "Nobody."

"Somebody must've said something. You wouldn't just think that yourself."

I told him that "Kian said something but it basically meant that.. Idk I've just been thinking.."

Connor texted me back immediently, "Kian says things sometimes that he doesn't mean, and I'm not speaking for him. Just I feel like he wouldn't mean it.. That's really ridiculous."

"Yeah"

Then I got a text from Jc, "Are you and Kiki baby fighting?"

"Why?"