Chapter 40: Easter Sunday

*Courtney pov*

Super excited for today. I haven't gotten to really hangout with Connor in a while. So, we planned today to be that day just to do things we love. We decided on shopping then lunch, then to the book store because we both wanted new books.

I seriously love hanging out with Connor. He gives the best advice and makes me smile. He never puts me down and just always knows what to say when. Plus, we are like the same person and enjoy alot of the same hobbies. Today was much needed.

Later in the day we decided to go on a nature hike. It was a cloudy day in Los angeles and we wanted to go explore the forest. So we went on a little drive to this nature trail. We walked and talked like we always do, unless we are reading.

He told me about the craziness of Vidcon, which I would be attending in a few months. About a month after my birthday coming in May. This talk made me really excited and I've been talking with some people from Vidcon about my main stage hosting and other things I'm gonna get to do. They said I'll probably be doing a game or challenge or something with O2L.Funnnn main stage with my best friends.

We talked about our recent videos mostly complaining about issues we were having. Like glitching editing apps or our cameras being stupid. Or sponsorships being rude and pushy.

I told him my favorite book and he told me his. We suggested each other books and talked about plot lines. We were such book nerds and we always laughed about it.

-

Kian and I went to a party the following week. It was great. I didn't drink but I was extremely tired from the night before so I didn't remember much anyways.I spent the whole weekend with Kian and I loved it. Because we did absolutely nothing. We laid around, ordered food and watched tv shows.

Something I have noticed lately, is seriously how much of a social butterfly my grandma is. She hangs out with her friends more than me. She makes friends so easily. She goes to a few classes in down town LA, like this painting thing with wine tasting all in one, and as weird and cliche it is, she does an exercise class. Good for her I guess. So when I'm not with my grandma, someone else is. Like I'll meet her friends sometimes but I like never hear about them. As close as we are, I have no idea about most of the people she's with. But I guess that's her business.

The next weekend we had planned out a stay in San Clemente. My grandma was coming too, she was gonna stay in a hotel because my grandma is luxurious(kidding). And kian and I were gonna stay with his parents. It was Easter weekend and we were go an be all cute and spend time with our families together. (everyone 'aww's in the background)

Kian and I were so ready for this little weekend, we pre filmed videos and edited and a bunch of stuff to be ready. I packed, and I was also ended up packing for kian because he BEGGED me to. I didn't mind.

"You want this black shirt or the purple one?" I ask kian as I was folding this clothes to put in his bag.

"Purple" he answered.

We continued packing his bag as he played music and told me about random things. We left saturday morning. We all drove down together to Kians family's home. When we arrived, we were all greeted by hugs because that's the kinda of family they are. Including my grandma. My Grandma and Kians mom got to talking, and Kian and I got our stuff and brought it up to his room.

My grandma took the car to go get her hotel room, so kian and I were left there at the house. I didn't mind but I think he wanted to leave.He decided to go take a nap.

-

How my grandma and Kians mom interacts makes me so happy. They just talk about so many things and always keep a conversation going. My grandma helped cook and showed Kians mom a few things I'm sure. Sam came over for alittle bit just to say hi. That was pleasent. My grandma loves Sam. She loves the boys in general really. And of course Kians parents love him. It was just a big love fest.

We had dinner after Sam left and that was that. Tomorrow was Easter and a bunch of family, I was told, would be arriving. I always get nervous over things like this. Before going to bed I laid out my outfit for tomorrow and was kind talking to myself about what I was gonna do with my hair and what perfume to wear and what not.

"Court, you have basically all morning to worry about it. Come sleep." Kian suggests and scoots over making a big space for me and pats under the covers.

"How intriguing.." I giggled.

"Babe.." he whined.

"I juwst wants to cwuddle.." he said in his cuddly voice. I call it that because when he really wants to be sweet he uses it.

"Okay.." I say with the same tone of voice. He smiles and I click off the lights and crawl in beside him. He cuddled into me this time, it was pretty cute. He was like a giant little kid wrapping his limbs around me, in a comfortable way. Him resting his head on my chest instead of the other way around.

"Yous a wittle babay." I said quietly.He grumbled but he was sleepy so I let him be.

-

We woke up later than expected but I feel like it was a good thing. It made me have less time to think about everything which caused less worry, I just focused on getting ready. I dressed up compared to my normal but today was gonna be pretty chill and casual. But it was Easter Sunday SOOOO.

The first half of the day was went to church. There was alot going on but I did get to meet a few of Kians family friends. I mostly walked around with kian in hand as he talked to people. We met up with Tabs and Mark, who was great seeing. His other siblings came too, but we didn't get to talk to them much. They had alot of people to talk to because they only visit here so often.

After church, we headed back to the house. We had a few hours to prepare before everyone arrived for Easter dinner at the Lawley household. I helped alittle bit with my grandma and Kians mom. It was great but there wasn't alot I could do, so I went and laid down for a bit to watch a movie with Kian. Monsters Inc.

---

Overall the day went great. Everyone arrived and there was no tension that I could detect. Kian seemed happy to be around his whole family and he made very well that I was comfortable. Baby Ellie was there too, now way bigger. Kian continued to make her laugh with the noises and faces he can pull. It was absolutely adorable. Dinner was delicious and the conversations seemed endless. But once one person had to leave it seemed like one by one we all had to say goodbyes. It was sad, because the next holiday wouldn't be for a while. My grandma left and I helped clean up everything so when Kians mom came down in the morning she wouldn't have anything to worry about. Maybe I'll score points with her for being a good guest.

When I did go to bed, kian was showering. I was really tired and tried hard to stay awake to say goodnight but his shower seemed to be endless. Next thing I knew, I was fast asleep.

I woke up with Kians cat,Pumpkin, snuggled up close and my back to kian. Oops? When kian woke up to me talking to her, he groaned and sat up and frowned at us.

"My baby" he stated. I giggled at his voice and I turned to face him and put pumpkin between us. He laid back down and grinned. And fell back asleep. What a dork.

-----------
Filler chapter.. Sorry. Vote if you liked it, comment ideas if you want! (: