Chapter 36: Regrets

*courtney pov*

Ava and I got ready and I felt like I was Avas doll. She did my hair and picked what I was gonna wear and did my makeup partially.

Honestly I didn't want to dress in what she put me in but I didnt speak up. She put me a tight black dress that was too short for my liking, also considering that I don't wanna dress slutty.. And I have a boyfriend. She did my hair in big lovely curls and my makeup kinda cute actually. Made me wear heels and I'm getting better at walking in them. I pulled down my dress when we left so my grandma wouldn't have another heart attack. God that's not even nice to think about.I like my grandma to think good of me.

Ava was dressed worse though. I love her, but she was kinda acting like a slut when we got there. Making sure to touch every boy we walked by like she was the queen and they needed her blessing. This wasn't like her. Especially when she has a boyfriend! Who's she 'loves'.

I didn't exactly tell kian that I was going to a party, I knew he didn't have his phone. Also I knew he would be mad. I'm not gonna let anything happen, and I know he would rather be here with me but that's not happening. I'm stubborn, he shouldn't have to worry about me.

I could smell the alcohol from outside and I felt like I was gonna get a head ache once I was inside. I didn't like it one bit in there. The music was pretty loud and there were people everywhere.

Ava held my hand as we walked through, I'm glad because I was scared someone was just gonna grab me and I was gonna be all alone. Ava found Leo and they started making drinks. Luckily Ava was smart enough not to force a drink on me, because she should know better. I just got soda and put it in a red solo cup, and kinda acted like it was a drink.

She brought me along for a while and found her friends that I saw yesterday. Erica was really nice to me. And Ava went off with her boyfriend somewhere in the house and Erica went outside with me where there was a group a people around a bonfire and just people around talking. You could actually hear each other talk out here.

"Hey, I just wanted to say and put it out there that I don't drink either." Erica told me and I was surprised.

"Really? I mean how did you know I didn't?" I ask her

"Ava told me alittle about you."

"Oh." I say simply

"But it's okay. Don't worry. I don't drink because I just don't like it."

--

So I haven't seen Ava or Leo in a while, but Erica and I are getting along pretty well. Her boyfriend was sick and didn't come so she was fun to hang out with. We went and danced inside and I unfortunately got hit on a few times. But it just was actually becoming fun. I started getting a small head ache from the smell and we went back outside, pulling my dress down every once in a while. We were gonna walk to the bonfire but I stopped Erica and we stood in the yard of the house kinda away from the fire

"What's wrong?" she asks me

"I think I know someone over there.." I stammer out. Was it him?

"Hey! Look it's little Internet girl! How's the slutty california life treating ya?!" Cameron shouted at me.

"Fuck off." I say simply. He walks towards me and I do the same.

"Ooo she learned how to use curse words now didn't she?!" He said in a baby voice.

"Seriously what is your problem?! You're the one that cheated on me!" I shout at him.

"so fucking what? What are you gonna do about it? Send your new california boy toy on me?!" he laughed