the tutor

Your grades were suddenly, drastically decreasing.

"Y/N L/N. I am disappointed in you, with this grade, you know you have to study. You're better than that."

You always studied, you did! You didn't know why you got a low grade. Did your drowsiness made you write the wrong answers? You'd take a mental note to sleep more often.

Your parents weren't strict about your grades, but they expected you to have an average grade, not too low. Just a grade that can make you pass.

You didn't wanna be a disappointment to them, so you studied. Sacrificed your sleep, always looking at books, eating less, and not wasting time. You were that desperate, even your family members were worried about you.

And yet, you had another fail.

"I am very disappointed with your grades, L/N." You hung your head low in shame, you're tired. Very tired. "I guess it's time for you to have a tutor." Your teacher sighed, and you look up at her and shook your head.

You didn't wanna burden someone because you're failing. It makes you feel like you're nothing but a useless clam.

"Trust me, L/N. You're gonna need this." You tried to convince her that you'll study even harder, but she just shook you off and headed to the faculty room.

You didn't need a tutor. You're independent. You didn't need anyone's help.

But then again, you really need to improve your grades.

.

"Ivan Rhode. A pleasure to meet you, Y/N L/N." You shook his hand back and smiled, unsure about the situation. You glance at your teacher who was smiling. But somehow, it looked forced..

"I hope you two will get along well, and please do tutor Miss L/N. Her grades have been... well, you know the rest." You felt your cheeks flushed in embarrassment. The teacher really had to say that? And she's laughing.

Ivan only smiled, patting your shoulder. "It's okay, I know you tried your best. But I'll tutor you so that your grades can improve more." He smiled more, which felt... kinda off. You shivered at his grin and smiled back. You were still unsure about this thing. You have a bad feeling about him.

"Now, teacher." He suddenly turned to her and you swear you could see her flinch. "When shall I start tutoring her?" He asked, tilting his head.

The teacher stammered, looking at you and then looked away. "Well- you should start tutoring her tomorrow evening.." She laughs, almost nervously.

"That sounds wonderful." Ivan replied, turning to you and kissing your knuckles, which you pulled your hand away. You didn't want physical touch from a boy you just met. "Well then, Miss L/N. I look forward on teaching you."

.

"No, no this is wrong. When XXX is mixed with XXX then it creates XXX. And when XXX² is in contact with XXX¹, it explodes." You furrowed your eyebrows, eyes concentrated on the paper. You don't remember your chemistry teacher teaching you this. Maybe you just missed this out? It's super complicated for a 2nd year like you.

How strange. Really strange.

"L/N? Are you listening?" You snapped out of your thoughts and looked at him who was wearing that smug grin, you nodded and smiled. Letting him know that you're listening.

You had doubts about this.

You had doubts about him.

Ivan Rhode.

Ivan Rhode.

Your senior.

"Hey." You flinched, feeling his hand going to your hips. You looked at him all confused. "Don't get distracted now, L/N. You wanted those full marks don't you?" He leaned closer, your faces inches apart and you gulped. Pushing him away lightly. You were too uncomfortable in this situation. You wanted to have a new tutor.