(regret)love confession

you wish you could crawl into a hole and die out of embarrassment.

you finally did it, you confessed your feelings to your best friend. you blurted out without thinking too! oh, how you were embarrassed, he didn't even reply too and you were too scared to face him. you took his silence as a rejection and ran away.

you sigh, rolling onto your back and stared at the ceiling. you don't even know if you can face him tomorrow. you don't feel like looking at him.

groaning, you buried your face on your pillow and screamed, wanting to let out some steam and to calm down.

.

the next day, you avoided him like he was a plague.

you already knew your friendship was ruined the moment you confessed, so you have to speed things up and avoid him. it hurts you to imagine if he was the one ignoring you.

you were honestly devastated, of course.

but it was for the best.

you released a sigh, sniffling a little and continued eating your lunch to distract you from these saddening thoughts.

however, you can't help but wonder why if he's also feeling... sad.

sad that you're not by his side.

would he also miss you?

you hope so.

before you could consume your food completely, you hear the door being slammed open loudly. your heart jumped and so did you, startled by the unannounced arrival of some person.

"there.. you are." you quickly turned your head to see your crush, your best friend, he's panting, features turned into a deep reddish hue upon seeing you. your body stuttered, breath and words clogged in your throat. you felt such intense nervousness that your mind went blank.

he began walking towards you, taking long strides. he looked menacing, ready to take something dear from him. that's when you reacted, your legs scrambled to get up, to not face this man. "oh don't you run away from me now."

you gasp as you were pulled back by the arm, your back pressed against his chest, his hands snaking around your waist as you squirmed against the intimacy. "hey- let go-"

"stop moving," he says, dangerously close to your ear. "do you know how hard i've had to endure to keep me from taking you away the moment you confessed?" you exhale shakily, looking down the ground with sweats starting to form. "and how i watched you sleep peacefully last night, thinking whether or not should i just take you right then and there?" your heart hammered violently against your chest, every word coming out from his mouth sickens you. "i was a bit heartbroken when you ran away when i didn't get the chance to tell you about my feelings. i was gonna tell you about how much i fucking love you, y/n, was gonna tell you the words i've been keeping to myself for the past years i have been with you."

you gaze ahead, his voice slowly fading out of your senses. you're absolutely petrified that you don't want to hear him speak anymore.

his hold on you got tighter.

"since i told you my answer to your confession, what relationship do we have now?" he turned you around, leaning down to get closer to your face, his smirk never leaving his face.

"uh.." from the extreme fear you were in, you couldn't think straight, you couldn't find the words to say to satisfy him. your mind scattered, c'mon y/n! just one simple word! "d-..dating." you almost choked.

his grin grew, his abyssal eyes bore into yours. "ah.. shall we get married already?"

with the heavy pressure that had been on you, you couldn't take the stress anymore and puked.

you panicked again, thinking that you angered him.

but he then requested you both should take a bath together in his house.

you stare at him in disbelief.

"after all, we're a couple now aren't we?"

what did you get yourself into?