blood is thicker than water

you always felt like your step-brother hates you.

he doesn't like it when you call him brother, and he always find ways to lock you in your room, even accusing you for thievery so that your parents would ground you and confine you in your room for a while.

you had naively thought you two would get along as siblings as you long for an older brother, which you were utterly wrong, though, who could blame you? you were only so little.

10 years later, you're now 15.

you've matured enough to avoid him at all cost, it's a pain living in the same roof with your rooms just apart from each other, but you managed.

.

"happy 17th birthday, son!" his father cheered happily, putting a hand on his shoulder while having a proud smile on his face. your mother smiled too, clapping along happily.

"y/n, why don't you greet your brother too?" you grumbled internally, rolling your eyes when they didn't notice as you look directly at his eyes, him doing the same.

with gritted teeth, you unenthusiastically say the words you'll regret later on. "happy. birthday. brother." his eyes narrowed, you can see his jaw clenching as you try to hold back a cackle at seeing his 'subtle', pissed-off face.

fortunately, your parents didn't seem to notice your sarcastic tone and just continued to shower their attention to your "brother".

soon after, you excused yourself saying that you were tired and needed to sleep first, your parents nodded their head and wishes you goodnight. you failed to distinguish of your brother staring at you as you walk up to your designated room.

.

you immediately look up from your homework upon hearing your door creak open.

your face scrunch up in disgust, hatred, and anger when you see him walk in without even knocking(you don't even want him in your room in general)! the nerve of him..

"get out." you said with gritted teeth and a snarl, but him being the most hard-headed guy ever, he didn't listen to you. "i said get out." you said it again, in hopes he would just listen and waltz out.

"how rude, saying that on my birthday." his face contorted into his usual grumpy features.

"get. the fuck. out." you punctuate angrily, completely ignoring what he said. hopefully he'll take the hint that you don't want him in your comfort space, and he would just fucking leave you alone.

he stared at you and you did the same. he then huffs, he turned around and you felt a tinge of relief, thinking he'll finally leave.

but much to your horror,

he closed it.

then you hear a familiar click.

you widen your eyes as you immediately stood up to guard yourself, watching him intently as he's inching closer and closer.

"get out right now!" you look around frantically, wanting to find something to defend yourself with. while you were freaking your ass out, he's just moving closer.. slowly, taunting you.

before you could grab the scissors you spotted, he was faster, and grab both of your wrists with his one hand and pinned you down on your bed. you continue to struggle beneath him, tears welling your eyes.

your breath got stuck in your throat as his face was close, too close for your liking. you can feel his breath fanning your lips as he stared into your teary eyes.

you start to sob, hiccuping at every second from the stress you were currently in. loudly, you cried and cried, too oblivious of the sudden silence from him.

"shh.." he grazes his fingers on your cheek, pushing your hair out of your face as they were sticking to your cheek due to the wet tears that kept overflowing. "i'm sorry." he whispered softly, his demeanor suddenly changing. he presses his lips against your forehead, then your salty lashes, then every part of your face.

"i'm really sorry, y/n.."

"l-le-leave m-me- hic- a-alon-alone.."

he kissed your lips to shut you up, which you recoiled in disgust, you didn't have the strength in you to push him anymore, all your energy drained out from the struggling and crying.

"i can't do that." he sighed, kissing the corner of your lips. looking at your disgusted face and partly shocked face, a hint of confusion to his actions.

"you're probably wondering why.. i'm doing all these things to you, right?" you turned your head, not wanting to see his face anymore. you felt sick. he sighs again, a vein throbbed on his temple as he grab your cheeks with his other hand and turn your head to face him. "i'll tell you."

he heaves out a sigh, growing increasingly flustered and nervous, like a boy who's about to confess to his long-time love, which he's doing it right now. how sick of him. "i love you y/n. of course you already knew i love you, considering the situation we're in right now.." he laughs.

...and you're more terrified than ever. how could he change personalities like that in just a split second? he's laughing so lively, when he's actually a psychopathic maniac.

"and i actually fantasize about locking you up in your room. windows or anything that's possible to escape barricaded, like a little birdie, trapped inside a cage, its wings clipped off.."

..oh.

so.. so that's why..!

your salty tears never ceased to stop, it kept continuing its pace. you then began to struggle again, wanting to never hear another word from his mouth. "s-st-stop! j-just sh-shut up.. h-hic..-"

you kept on hiccuping, all the while crying pathetically.

"i hated you seeing me as a brother." he whispered, looking at your crying face. "i wanted you to see me as a man, i wanted you to love me, just like i love you." he removes his hand from both of your wrists, placing them around your waist to pull you closer. you cover your face, a useless attempt to hide away from him.

he chuckles softly. "aww.. you're so cute when you're shy." he gently pulls your hands away, kissing your fingertips one by one while staring into your soul. he then kisses your palm, licking them after in which you shudder in disgust.

"mom and dad won't be here until morning." your heart dropped. no wonder why they didn't come to your rescue after all the screaming.. "so it's just you, and me." he cupped your cheeks, closing the gap slowly. "all alone."

.

done rewriting🫠