new neighbor

the apartment next door had been vacant for an awfully long time.

until it wasn't anymore.

you see boxes everywhere outside the door on the day your new neighbor came, moving men carrying boxes that seemed pretty heavy, while your neighbor's well-defined back was just facing you, blocking your chance to see his face.

perhaps you didn't care. you just wanted to sleep. so what if the neighbor is good-looking? rest is more important.

you yawned as you pulled out your keys and lazily fiddle around it until you feel the familliar stub of your home key. you went inside, and went straight to bed.

"..i should make him something to welcome him."

you said as your drifted off to your dreamland.

.

you ring the doorbell.

you resisted the urge to violently consume the freshly baked muffins in your hands right now, the steam still prominently flowing in the air.

"guess he's not home?" you ring the doorbell one more time and wait for 15 seconds.. the same results came; nothing.

you sighed. well, you could always save these muffins for later until he comes home.

you went inside to your apartment.

the muffins are now cold. how unusually fast.

.

you wake up to the sound of thudding.

you wiped your drool, ears perking up to find the source of the sound, where it came from.

you've come to the conclusion that it had came from your.. neighbor. you press your ear against the wall, wondering what he's doing. honestly, you were slightly irritated. right, you were dealing with neighbors making noises now, not the peaceful silence you once had.

you couldn't help but wonder what he's doing to make those noises.. is he constantly passing out?

..and that thought made you stand infront of your neighbor's door at an ungodly hour, your fluffy blanket wrapped around you and your pointer finger pressing the doorbell.

you waited.

...

...

you were instantly hit with a rock-hard cement of regret on your head for wasting your sleep just to check up on your neighbor whose face you had never seen before at 2 AM-

"yes?"

you jumped, your fatigue immediately leaving your body because of the fright he had given you. the light illuminating behind him and making him look like a really tall figure didn't help either.

you still couldn't see his face.

"uh, hey, goodnight- i mean- goodmor..ning? sorry i woke up because of some noises that came from your flat and i came to check if you were okay... or something." you were definitely half-asleep.

"oh." was all he said, scratching his neck. "sorry to wake you. i knock some things over in the dark while i was looking for the switch. still havent gotten used to the layout of my apartment." he laughs and pause for a moment, as if he was thinking of something.

but you... you were thinking of your sweet beloved bed who probably misses your warmth and wants you to sleep on it as soon as possible.

"hey, as an apology, how about you come in?" he steps aside to make space for you, his left arm extending out. "for troubling you for making those muffins i didn't get to eat."