avoiding a horrible destiny

"who's going to take care of you, now that your whooole family is dead, darling?" the killer, your friend, cackles without a care in the world. he looks around the bloody scene, his grin getting wider and wider.

you clutch your sister's dead body, her cold blood oozing from her fatal injuries. you look at him with glassy eyes that weakens his knees. your whole form shakes, quivering under his gaze.

"oh but don't worry," he steps closer towards you, yanking up your sister's arm roughly and tossing her across the room, hearing her bones crack. you tense up and your tears overflowed as he leans in closer to you. "i can take care of you."

you sob uncontrollably. "w..why? why did you kill them..? why'd you kill my family..? why did you kill your own family too?"

he says nothing for a few seconds, before smiling and stroking your cheek with loving caresses, staining your skin crimson red.

"because they were making me marry your eldest sister." he draws a heart on your cheek. "but i wanted to marry you, so i killed them!" he says enthusiastically, not feeling any guilt or shame at all.

he cups your cheek, leaning even more closer much to your discomfort.

"let me kiss you, yeah? everything will feel fine."

the wall behind you kept you from avoiding his kiss, your hands eventually fell to your sides on the floor when his lips made contact with yours.

the intimacy unnerved and disgusted you.

you struggled, your fingertips felt something sharp just close to you. you look at the object.

a glass shard.

you breathe heavily as he pulls away, hands wrapping around your waist face buried on your neck.

"oh i love you so fucking much y/n." he muttered under his breath, completely vulnerable just by being able to touch you.

you sucked in a breath, grasping the shard as you ready yourself to strike him with it.

but he was much faster.

he caught your wrist just before you could hit a vital point on his body.

"don't hold it too tight darling. look, your hand is bleeding." you look at your palm, not even noticing you had scarred yourself. maybe it was the adrenaline? his expression displayed worry and concern while looking at your hand.

is he not angry that you tried to kill him just now..? but expressed worry when you hurt yourself?

he attempts to grab the shard out of your grip but you held unto it with genuine determination. "baby, let go. you're only hurting yourself!"

"and it kills me when i see you in pain!"

he's too strong.

you can't kill him.

if you can't kill him by yourself,

might as well kill yourself.

besides,

the only freedom you'll ever gain is death.

..his deafening screams invaded your ears just as all your senses numbed out.

you awoke with a gasp and a pounding heart.

you're sweating from head to toe, you're faced with the ceiling. your ceiling. you're on... your bed. in your room. you're alive.

all that had happened,

was all a dream.

a nightmare.