1051 - 1060

1051. "Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness."

-Carl G. Jung

1052. "Be content with what you have. Rejoice in how things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking the whole world belongs to you."

-Lao Tzu

1053. "Compassion does not render people tearful idlers, moral weaklings, or passive onlookers; but individuals who will take on the pain of others, even when given the chance to skip out on such difficult action or in anonymous conditions."

-Dacher Keltner

1054. Women felt that men became more attractive if they saw other women smiling at them.

1055. People are more likely to break up once they have reached the three to five month period in their relationships.

1056. "When we are open to new possibilities, we find them. Be open and skeptical of everything."

-Todd Kashdan

1057. "It's more selfless to act happy. It takes energy, generosity, and discipline to be unfailingly light-hearted. Yet everyone takes the happy person for granted."

-Gretchen Rubin

1058. Do not let yourself be controlled by three things: people, money or past experiences.

1059. Psychological facts
70% of your dream contains a secret message.

1060. Psychology says that pretending to be happy when you're in pain is just one example of how strong you are as a person.