1181 - 1190

1181. The greatest enemy to human souls is the self-righteous spirit which makes men look to themselves for salvation.

—Charles Spurgeon

1182. I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all. That is something that you cannot say aloud, or perhaps even think.

—Sigmund Freud

1183. We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community.

—Haile Selassie

1184. In the social jungle of human existence, there is no feeling of being alive without a sense of identity.

—Erik Erikson

1185. If you can't laugh at yourself, then how can you laugh at anybody else? I think people see the human side of you when you do that.

—Payne Stewart

1186. The industrial revolution allowed us, for the first time, to start replacing human labour with machines.

—Vitalik Buterin

1187. Every addition to true knowledge is an addition to human power.

—Horace Mann

1188. I am a human being, with feelings and emotions and scars and flaws, just like anyone else.

—Josh Gordon

1189. Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are: precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it's a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.

—Al Franken

1190. The worst cruelty that can be inflicted on a human being is isolation.

—Sukarno