CHAPTER SIXTY TWO

ACE OF HEARTS
CHAPTER SIXTY TWO: EDDIE THE
BANISHED

     AFTER DEPARTING FROM Victor Creel's haunted house, the group wasted no time heading towards Reefer Rick's in order to check on Eddie Munson and inform him the very little information they had uncovered

AFTER DEPARTING FROM Victor Creel's haunted house, the group wasted no time heading towards Reefer Rick's in order to check on Eddie Munson and inform him the very little information they had uncovered. Of course, due to Cassie Harrington's request, they made sure to stop at the grocery store beforehand, grabbing Eddie some Dustin-approved junk food and the six-pack he specifically requested. Of course, they weren't worried about Eddie's safety, for they didn't hear his frantic calls from the walkie talkie the night before.

That being said, the last thing the group expected to find at Reefer Ricks house were large strips of police tape holding back crowds of people swarming the area. As Nancy Wheeler pulled onto the gravel road, they were met with several police vehicles, news vans, and Hawkins residents waiting to hear the news.

"What the hell happened here?" Mike Wheeler asked the group.

"I don't know," Nancy answered, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "It looks like there might've been another victim."

"Damn," Cassie cursed, looking around at the crowded scene. "Eddie's definitely a goner."

Jabbing his elbow into her side, Dustin Henderson quickly shushed the girl, "Don't say that!"

"Jeez, sorry dude," Cassie spoke, raising her arms up in defense. "I was only kidding. I'm sure he's fine."

After parking the car, each of the group members immediately filed out of the vehicle and advanced towards the large crowd of people. Of course, they didn't want to be seen by the officers, so Nancy Wheeler pulled the group aside and led them behind one of the large news vans.

Crouching down behind the vehicle, the group carefully listened as Officer Powell began to speak to the news camera, "As many of you know, the Roane County line received a call a little after midnight reporting a homicide here on the lake. Officer Callahan here and myself arrived first on the scene. We made our way to the shore of Lover's Lake, about ten yards from that house you see behind me. It was there that we found the victim, an 18-year-old senior from Hawkins High, Patrick McKinney."

Standing just behind Cassie, Lucas Sinclair let out a gasp, his head shaking as he listened to the officer in disbelief. Lucas had met Patrick through basketball, and even though they were not that close, he still considered him to be a good friend. It was safe to say that his death made somewhat of an impact on Lucas, for the boy grew incredibly quiet after hearing those words.

"We have also identified a person of interest..." The police officer trailed off, taking a deep breath before stating the name. "Eddie Munson. We encourage anyone with information to please come forward."

"Did they just..." Cassie Harrington gasped, covering her hand over her mouth. "Holy shit."

"This is not good," Steve spoke, shaking his head in disbelief. "This is really not good."