CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX

ACE OF HEARTS
CHAPTER SIXTY-SIX: NANCY WHEELER'S VISION

     WATCHING AS HIS OLDER SISTER STOOD MOTIONLESS on the other side of the gate, Mike Wheeler felt his entire body tense in complete horror

WATCHING AS HIS OLDER SISTER STOOD MOTIONLESS on the other side of the gate, Mike Wheeler felt his entire body tense in complete horror. First, Vecna wanted to take Cassie. Now, he wanted his sister. Clenching his jaw in anger, Mike Wheeler felt an overwhelming amount of hatred fill up inside of him as he took a step forward. Letting out a grunt, the boy did not hesitate to climb the rope in front of him, quickly alerting the others.

"Mike, what are you doing?" Cassie Harrington asked the boy, frantically shaking her head as he lifted himself off the ground.

"I gotta go help her," Mike answered, pulling himself up the rope as his voice shook with worry. "Go find music! Quick!"

"On it."

Racing back into Eddie Munson's bedroom, Cassie Harrington and the others desperately searched for any cassette tapes or records that would help Nancy Wheeler escape Vecna's Curse. However, since the boy was a full blown metal-head with an extremely specific taste in music, the task was quite difficult.

"There's no way this is going to work," Cassie Harrington announced to the group as she frantically searched around the room for his tapes. "Eddie only listens to metal!"

"We gotta try," Max Mayfield spoke to the girl, grabbing her hand and leading her to the back corner of the room.

As the group began to search through his desk drawers, cabinets, shelves, and dressers, Steve Harrington's voice desperately called from the other dimension, "Whatever you guys are doing, hurry up!"

"Come on!" Mike Wheeler shouted after him, shaking his sister's shoulders. "We're losing her! Tell them, Erica!"

Nodding her head, Erica Sinclair made her way through the hallway and passed the message to the group, "Steve and Mike said you need to hurry!"

"Yeah? No shit!" Dustin Henderson shouted in reply, stressfully searching through Eddie's dresser with Lucas Sinclair at his side.

From the other side of the small bedroom, Max Mayfield and Cassie Harrington quickly searched through his records while shouting, "We're trying! We can't find anything!"

"Seriously, what is all this shit?!" Robin Buckley called from the bed, holding a handful of cassette tapes in her grasp as she turned to Eddie in confusion.

"What are you even looking for?" Eddie Munson asked in panic.

"Madonna, Blondie, Bowie, Beatles?" Robin frantically listed, flipping through the cassette tapes. "Music! We need music!"

Holding an Iron Maiden tape out in front of him, Eddie Munson loudly defended, "This is music!"

After a few more minutes of searching, the group was abruptly interrupted by the voice of Erica Sinclair once more.