CHAPTER SIX

ACE OF HEARTS
CHAPTER SIX: I'M A FIGHTER,
NOT A LOVER

FALLING DOWN ONTO THE couch beside the girl, Cassie examined her completely

FALLING DOWN ONTO THE couch beside the girl, Cassie examined her completely. She noticed the bruises on her arms, a small cut on her lower lip, and the tear stains that traced down both of her cheeks. The girl was obviously damaged—Cassie could tell by the way she was violently shaking.

"What's your name?" Cassie asked the girl.

Shifting her eyes up to Cassie's, the girl hesitated, contemplating on if she should tell Cassie or not. Before she made her decision, Cassie spoke again, "My name is Cassandra, but everyone calls me Cassie. Now it's your turn, what's your name?"

"Maybe she doesn't speak english," said Lucas.

"Or she's deaf," said Dustin. "Let's test it!"

Dustin then clapped loudly, causing the girl to jump in her seat. Dustin sighed, placing his hands back down at his sides, "Not deaf."

"M-My name..." The girl trailed off quietly, causing Cassie to turn to her. The girl rolled back her sleeve, a 011 appearing on her wrist.

The boys gasped in shock as they ran over to the girl. Gathering around, the three boys shouted frantically, "Is it real? Oh, that's so cool!"

"Woah, okay, back up guys," said Cassie, knowing that the boys were most likely freaking her out. "Jesus, it's like you've never seen a tattoo before."

"We haven't," said Dustin.

Sighing, Cassie ignored the boys and focused her attention back on the girl—back on the number tattooed on her wrist.

"Eleven," read Cassie, doubtfully glancing back at the boys. "She's named after a number?"

"Sick!" said Dustin, his eyes dazzling as many thoughts ran through his head. "What if she is some sort of alien from outer space?"

"What if she took Will?" said Lucas, his brows furrowing. "I mean, look at her."

"Why would she take Will?" Cassie questioned, annoyance filling up inside her. "She's just a girl."

"Cassie is right, there's no way this girl took Will," agreed Mike, shaking his head.

"Well," said Dustin. "Maybe that's what the aliens want us to think. They want us to think that she is just a girl so they can come and take over without us ever expecting it. A surprise attack!"

"Shut up, Dustin," said Cassie, rolling her eyes at the dim-witted boy.

"What are we supposed to do with her?" said Mike, panic flashing his face.