PROLOGUE

The deadline for the filing of the candidacy is around the corner. This election is important for the Filipino people, everyone could sense that the new leaders have the responsibility to make things right again for the country. A few politicians already filed their COC but the opposition is still trying to push for a presidential candidate that can unite them and can win against two political dynasties.

There have been names proposed and all but only one could make everyone agree. The one name, the one candidate that everyone was willing to support. Leni Robredo, the current Vice President.

The opposition was reluctant to propose to the Vice President to be a candidate because they knew how she wanted to focus on her family and go back to her life as a private citizen.

They gave her weeks to think about being a candidate but she was still unsure about it.

Leni was now inside her condo cleaning to clear her mind, Tricia was on night duty at the hospital and Aika was out of town for work.

She was so focused on cleaning that she didn't notice the time passing and when she was sure that there was nothing to clear anymore she looked at the time gasping, apparently she has been cleaning for far too long that it was now past midnight and she has yet to eat dinner.

She took her phone deciding that delivery was better than cooking.

She settled in the sofa and opened her phone but the first thing that flashed in her screen was a message from her good friend Senator Risa Hontiveros.

Fr: Risa

VP, I heard about the meeting today and that they still want to push your candidacy. I know it's a tough time for you and the girls and we haven't talked in a while, but if you need me you know I'm just one call away.

Leni smiled after reading the message. Risa was the one person that probably understood her situation better than anyone because they went through similar things in their life and worked together for years. They were quite the opposite in terms of personality but they always enjoyed each other's company and have been there for each other in the past years.

Maybe right now a friend was what Leni needed, she needed a distraction from her current struggles. She looked at the time again and it was late but she still tried to message Risa.

Fr: Leni

Ris are you sleeping?

Leni was surprised when the reply came quickly since she expected Risa to be fast asleep already.

Fr: Risa

Nope. Still reading papers and was actually waiting for your text.

Fr: Leni

Sorry, I know it's late. I've been cleaning all afternoon and I didn't see your message from before.

Fr: Risa

I know. That's why I waited.

Fr: Leni

Is it ok if I call you?

Fr: Risa

Of course.

Leni then went to Risa's contact number and called her. After two rings the Senator answered.

"Hi" Risa was the first to greet Leni with the same cheerful tone that she always had. It took a simple Hi from Risa to make Leni feel the anxiousness of the last days decrease. Risa always had this positive energy around her that it always made Leni feel calm.

"Hi Sen" Leni greeted back and smiled, the hunger and tiredness long gone.

------------------------------------

This is basically to give context to the next chapter of the story.