Chapter 12

Leni was being a coward.

She was at the beach and Risa was there in front of her sitting in front of the sea.

All she needed to do was take a few steps and she'd reach her. But her feet were glued to the floor.

She promised that she'd support Risa in whatever made her happy but right now the selfish part of her wanted to run.

She hid behind a tree keeping an eye on Risa. She figured after a while she'd leave.

But Risa never left.

Her heart broke every passing minute seeing Risa still there waiting for her.

*Risa please go back sa hotel na* she pleaded

She didn't know how much time passed but Risa was still there. She saw Risa looking left and right sometimes looking for her.

But Leni stayed like that, hidden looking at Risa.

She didn't know after how long but she could see by the way Risa's shoulder would tremble that the senator was crying right now.

Her feet were on autopilot then moving against her will.

————

Risa couldn't help her tears forming in her eyes, they just fell without warning.

She wanted to accomplish so much this night, so much that she needed to say

She was trembling, it seemed like all the emotions she tried to contain these weeks fell along with all her tears.

She didn't know why Leni would do that to her and without even a text message.

All the courage she had seemed to be leaving her body.

Was this a sign?

All the doubts and fears invading her mind and maybe this was a fight already lost at the beginning.

Despite all that she still couldn't help but wait even for the small chance that Leni would show up.

Leni approached Risa and it was clear that the senator was crying. She sat down beside Risa slowly, facing the sea.

Risa hearing movement from beside her raised her head to look at her side.

Leni was there sitting beside her. She was not even looking at Risa but straight in front of her.

Leni hugged her legs to her chest too and leant her cheek on her knees looking directly at Risa. It was her way of restraining herself from doing something she shouldn't have.

Risa was still speechless and copied Leni's pose. Her tears were still flowing and she couldn't stop them.

Both looking at the other.

Leni felt guilty. Seeing Risa crying was a sight that she hated, more so because she was the reason of her tears.

She didn't mind hurting if it meant that Risa would not hurt.

Risa sniffed and blinked a few more tears.

Leni raised her hand and wiped the tears escaping her eyes.
Risa calmed down a little and tears started to stop flowing.

Leni was about to retract her hand but Risa stopped her and put her hand over Leni's.

Leni felt her heart clench seeing Risa this fragile.
She was still trembling a little bit and her cheeks were cold from the hours she spent there waiting for her.

Leni approached Risa hoping to give her a little bit of heat by being near her.

Risa let go of Leni's hand and looked at the sea.