Chapter 7

Leni was in Manila because of her VP duties.

She was currently in her office signing papers when one of her staff knocked on the door.

"Come in" she said not looking up.

"Ma'am, you should open your social media po" Sab said.

Leni furrowed her eyebrow and stood up to get her phone that was charging.

As soon as she unlocked her phone she saw the thousands of notifications from the various social media.

She opened them and there were news about her eldest daughter being involved in a scandal.

Of course the first thing she did was call her. She was worried about her.

She dialled Aika's number and waited for her to answer.

Meanwhile she turned to Sab "kasama ba nya ang security ngayon?" She asked

"Yes po ma'am"

Then Aika answered the call

"Hello Ma"

"Anak okay kalang? Sino kasama mo ngayon?" She asked immediately. The first thing on her mind was keep Aika safe since she knew that the media or people would go for her now.

"Ma I'm okay po. Kasama ko na po si kuya hatid na po daw nila ako sa OVP muna dahil may media na daw po malapit sa bahay" Aika said

"Sige we'll wait here. Careful kayo ha?"

"Sige po" Aika replied before ending the call.

"Sab paki tawag si Boyet and the head of security na din" Leni said

"Copy po ma'am" Sab said and did what Leni asked her.

Leni's main concern now was making sure her daughter was safe.

When Aika arrived Leni and her staff immediately held a meeting.

"Ma, hindi po totoo yon" Aika said before starting the meeting. Leni smiled and held her eldest daughter's hand

"I know anak" Leni reassured her

"Okay, for me the most important thing is you believe me po" Aika said

"Ma'am Aika it's your decision po. Kung gusto nyo mag demanda or just ignore it"

Leni looked at her daughter and she was feeling guilty since this was happening all because of her.

"Mas mabuti pa investigate na natin" Aika decided.

"Okay mag rerelease tayo ng statement at we'll consult the legal team" Leni said

"I'll talk to them right now Ma'am" Boyet said and left the room

"I'll arrange the security with kuya Arnie Ma'am" Sab said and left with the security head.

Leni and Aika were now left alone in Leni's office.

"Aiks, sure ka ba na okay ka lang?" Leni asked concerned

"Opo ma, besides alam naman po namen na may chance na mangyari ito. I'm okay po" Aika smiled at her mom.

"Sorry anak ah, dahil saken nadadamay pa kayo" Leni felt guilty since this was happening all because of her.

"Ma ano ka ba, there's nothing for you to be sorry"

"Naiinis lang ako na pati kayo tinitira na ng mga trolls"

"Okay lang ako ma, promise. Also nainis din ako sakanila, kala nila titigil tayo at matatakot pero what they'll get is mas lalo pa ako na inspire to double my effort para sa campaign"