Chapter 42

"Risa" she called with a broken voice.

Leni looked at the back of the man beside Risa.

Was she not enough? Was she not worthy of a little more wait? A little more effort?

Was what they had this worthless of any fight?

In that exact moment all her fears and insecurities came to the surface.

She was hard to love, Risa sacrificed a lot for them but once again because of Leni the senator was pushed away. Once again because of Leni the senator got hurt so she couldn't even blame her.

She didn't know who this person was but she was sure they were better than her in many ways. They could make Risa happy in ways she couldn't.

Those eyes that she loved so much, that held so much much love for her, those same eyes were now looking at her like she was just any other person in her life.

Everything was happening so fast for Leni, everything felt surreal and the pain was so much.

She felt her feet glued to the ground, she felt her heart shattered like pieces of a broken mirror. She wanted to scream but nothing came out of her mouth, she wanted to cry but no tears were left to fall.

She's been hurt so much in her life by different events but certainly nothing hurt like the person you love leaving and choosing a life without you. Most importantly what hurt her the most was knowing that she had a part in pushing Risa to act like that.

If only...

If only she tried more...

If only she talked to her more...

If only...

Leni felt so small. Her surroundings felt enormous compared to her and the more time passed the more she felt like crumbling right there in her spot.

She was starting to feel dizzy and the image of Risa being with another person was being engraved in her mind.

She didn't know when and how but Risa was now shaking her shoulders and calling her name.

"Leni"

Leni was numb. She just felt hurt.

"Lens"

She wanted to be free from her hold but at the same time she wanted the senator to keep holding her, to still choose her, to still love her.

"LENI!"

Leni suddenly inhaled deeply and opened her eyes.

The light was too bright so she had to cover her eyes from it with her hand, the hand that was being tightly held by Risa.

Risa...

Leni felt dizzy again remembering the image of the senator and another person kissing.

She swallowed hard and looked right in front of her.

Risa was there.

Leni was confused, she looked down at her body and then up again towards Risa. She was currently laying on the sofa with her head on the senator's lap.

Risa who was so cold to her just a few moments ago was tightly holding her hand and stroking her hair with her hands.

Leni looked at her. She remembered the indifference of the senator a while ago but looking at her right now no trace of that was left there, those eyes that looked at Leni with no emotion were now filled with concern and something that Leni recognized instantly, love.