Chapter 20

When the girls left the two of them sighed in relief.

Risa turned to Leni and just led her to her car.
Leni was exhausted from all the things that happened so she just let her.

When they were inside the car Risa stopped and turned to Leni again, the woman was still speechless.
Risa was still here doing everything she could so that Leni's burden would lessen even if she was the one hurting in the end, but what could she do? She loved her and for Risa no matter how much pain she was in she'd still take it if it meant making Leni feel better.

Leni's mind was blank, she couldn't even move.

Risa then grabbed Leni's phone and sent a message to one of their friends.

From Leni
Hinatid ko na si Risa sen, lasing na kase sya at nagsusuka na rin.

It was a lame excuse but frankly she didn't care.

She gave Leni the phone back and reached to her side to grab the seat belt and put it on for Leni since she was still not functioning.
Under other circumstances she would enjoy this moment but she couldn't knowing Leni was upset.

She drove and purposely took detours so that they could postpone everything. It was also a way for Risa to clear her mind.

The ride was quiet with both of them lost in their thoughts.

Risa was sure that she blew anything that was left between the two of them. She was already mentally preparing herself to have her heart broken again.

After a while Leni focused on the road, she saw how Risa would just purposely take the wrong exit or the wrong turn maybe not wanting to be separated yet.

She sighed and put an address to Risa's navigator. It was a small park where people rarely went to especially at this hour.

Risa looked at Leni and at the navigator.

"Please follow mo nalang ang directions instead of driving around like this. Sayang ang gas" she said

Risa nodded and drove to the address.

When she got there it was a small park with no one around them.
Leni unbuckled her seat belt and was about to exit the car when Risa stopped her.

"Wait" Risa said and went to the back of her car opening the trunk. She grabbed a box and went to Leni's side of the car. She opened her door and tapped Leni's leg.

Leni looked at her weirdly.

"Labas mo yung paa mo dito sandali" Risa said

Leni was confused but did as Risa told her and she put her feet on the frame. Risa then untied the heels Leni was wearing.
Leni blushed and tried to do it herself, feeling shy all of a sudden.

Risa glared at her and continued her task with eyes focused on Leni's heels.

"Hayaan mo na gawin ko to para sayo. Hindi ko alam kung makakalapit pa ako sayo after tonight kaya pagbigyan mo na"

Leni's heart felt a mixture of gratefulness and pain.

She let the senator take her heels off and put on some slippers for her.

When she was done Risa stood up and opened the backseat's door and put Leni's heels there.

Leni got out of the car and walked towards the park. Risa locked her car and followed the VP.

They walked in silence until they reached a small bench in the middle of the park.

They sat down and just looked at the trees in front of them. There were not a lot but it was still nice to see some of them in Manila.