Chapter 14

Throwback to few days ago after her podcast interview.

After the podcast she couldn't stop thinking about her newly discovered feelings for Risa. It was always on the back of her head.

During one dinner with Aika and Tricia Leni was more quiet than usual and they noticed it.

Aika looked at her sister as a silent sign.

"So ma, musta na po yung mga relief operations?" Aika asked

Leni looked up at her kids and tried to clear her head from her thoughts.

"Na dispatch na namin yung mga donations, waiting nalang ng call from logistics para ma coordinate with the other team" she said

"Kayo sa work okay lang ba? Alam ko di na tayo masyado nakakasama ng ganito lately. Pasensya na kayo" she added

"Ano ka ba ma, nakikita naman namin yung efforts and mga sacrifices din ng mga tao. Kung nung una medyo hesitant kame ngayon mas naiinspire kami na lumaban din" Aika said smiling.

Leni smiled feeling grateful for their understanding.

Tricia on the other hand was being silent. Leni noticed this and tried to see what bothered her daughter.

"Trish is everything okay?"

Tricia looked at her mom and then at her sister who slightly shook her head.

Tricia looked at her mom again and placed her fork down.

"Ma, can I ask you something? And will you please be honest with us?" She asked

Leni looked at Aika who had a nervous look on her face. She furrowed her eyebrows and placed her utensils down too.

"Oo naman anak"

"Ma are you dating someone?" Tricia asked seriously. Usually she would laugh it off but Tricia was being very serious and Aika too stopped eating to listen to her mom.

"Of course not" she told them

"We listened to the podcast the other day, and, unlike the other times you were asked about these things, it seemed like you were being really specific and talking about someone" Aika explained.

Leni looked at her daughters. This was a topic they talked about before, but until now her answer has always been one. She was not looking for a relationship. She had no intention of falling in love again.
But now what was she going to say to her kids?

"Ma, be honest please. If you're not dating then is there someone in your life right now? Someone you like?" Tricia asked a little emotionally.

Leni gulped. This was something she wasn't even sure about herself yet.

"I-" Leni started but couldn't continue.

"Ma ano ba yan, kala ko ba si papa lang? What happened to all the things you promised us?" Tricia asked

"Patty" Aika said trying to calm her sister.

"No. I know I'm being selfish here but I'm not going to accept someone to just come into our life and pretend to be okay with it. I support you in everything ma, even if sometimes I don't agree with your decisions pero not this" Tricia said and got up from the table.

"I'm sorry, but I think I'll just rest before my duty mamaya. Goodnight ate, goodnight ma" she said and left

Leni closed her eyes and massaged her temple.