Chapter 39

Risa nervously looked at the four women seated in front of her, she looked at the oldest who had an unreadable expression on her face then at the other three who looked at each other before pausing briefly. Risa inhaled deeply nervously gripping her utensils.

Leni glanced at Risa who was busy eyeing her daughters, she tried to hide her smile from the senator.

"Is it good? I know your mom is a better cook than I am but I really tried my best but if you don't like it we can order something else" Risa said nervously. She looked at Leni silently asking for help.

Tricia looked at Jillian with a serious face and then back at Risa.

"How do you know she is a better cook tita?" Jillian asked

Uh oh. Risa swallowed hard at that question.

Strike one.

"I mean, I'm sure she's a better cook. Sa mga interviews kase lagi nya sinasabi yon and she also sent me food a few times" she explained

"Ma, I think you're making it worse " Sinta whispered but loud enough for everyone to hear.

The rest of them laughed hard while Risa was still looking at the kids nervously.

Leni smiled softly at the nervous senator. She stretched her hand and held the senator's hand and squeezed it before letting it go.

"It's good Ris don't worry" she said.

Risa sighed, she was sure she was going to be the punching bag for the teasing of the people present in that house.

"Tita it's really good po" Aika helped

Risa smiled gratefully at her.

"Kaen nalang kaya tayo bago lumamig ang pagkaen" Risa said.

"Kaen na muna tayo bago nyo i continue yan teasing na yan sa tita nyo" Leni said to her daughters.

Risa's kids looked at each other and smirked.

"Tita, it's only fair po na both kayo ang ma tease namin" Sinta said to Leni

*Go mga anak*  Risa thought and actually wanted to high five her children

It was now Leni's turn to be nervous.

"How about no more teasing?" She pleaded

"It's not fair Attorney" Risa said.

"Bakit ang formal naman ng tawagan nyo ma? Wala man lang ba sweetheart? Honey?" Ianna teased

"Alam nyo kung pag tripan nyo lang kame kakaen nalang kame sa ibang table" Leni said

"Tita sinosolo mo na ba ang mama namin?" Kiko teased

"I would never" Leni said
"At least hindi sa inyo. Everybody else is a different story though" she added

Risa covered her blushing face, if it was just the two of them she would have already squealed

"Please stop it na all of you" Risa pleaded.

Risa wanted to leave a good impression on Leni's daughters, even if they already know her it was a different thing getting to know them as their mother's partner. Though right now she was sure she just looked like a blushing teenager in front of her crush.

"Okay, I think it's enough na for now. Let's eat na po" Aika said coming to the two old women's rescue.

Risa uncovered her face and smiled gratefully at her.

They were teased a few more times during that lunch but the two of them didn't mind that much especially since it was a sign that the children were truly comfortable with their moms dating.