Chapter 32

The two had a quick dinner and Leni was starting to gather her things to leave but Risa was clinging to her and wouldn't let her.

Risa kept hugging her from behind locking her arms around Leni.

"Ris, I have to go"

"No, you don't have to. Wala yung mga bata today so why can't you just stay here?"
She whined

"Maaga pa ako aalis bukas, may mga important meetings with potential partners" Leni tried hard removing Risa's arms around her.

"So? You can leave early" Risa said

"Ris, aabot ng ilang oras ang byahe ko kahit maaga pa ako aalis dito. Besides hindi ako nagdala ng damit"

"You can borrow some of my clothes"

Leni looked at Risa behind her with an unimpressed look.

"Hindi ko po kasya mga damit mo senator.
Dali na mahaba pa ang byahe ko" Leni pleaded

"Sinadya mo na hindi magdala ng damit" Risa accused her and just put her head on her shoulder

"Yes"

"Urgh, sometimes I forget you always think 10 steps ahead"

"Please" Leni asked gently

Risa sighed

"Hindi ba talaga kita makukumbinsihin?"

"We'll talk naman sa phone pero I really need to go na"

Risa held Leni's hands "Can't you take me with you then?"

Leni leaned her head back exasperated.

"You're really making it hard for me to leave"

Risa smirked and snaked her arm around Leni's waist

"That's my goal"

Leni cupped Risa's face

"Ris. If you won't let me leave I won't kiss you for a month" Risa inhaled sharply and grabbed Leni's hands.

She dragged her to the door and walked her to the car.

Leni was laughing so hard during the whole walk

Risa stopped by Leni's car and the latter put all her things inside her car.

Leni turned to Risa and hugged her. Risa pouted and kissed Leni. Once. Twice. Let's just say she showered Leni with little kisses before letting her go finally.

————-

The next day Leni was in her new office. The Angat Buhay staff was busy moving their things. Leni was so busy that she barely had time to reply to Risa and her kids' calls and messages.

They all understood of course and just waited for the attorney to contact them first.

Risa was having a meeting with a few senators to talk about the minority. She was still focusing on their discussion but her mind would sometimes drift to Leni.

What is she doing?
Did she eat?
Is she super busy?
Nagpahinga kaya?

The two exchanged messages that morning but she still found it hard to stay away from Leni and wanted to be close to her.

Maybe it was because they were still in the early stage of the relationship or maybe it was because they refrained themselves so much, mostly Risa, but she really had to fight herself just to stop herself from calling the busy woman or just barging into whatever building Leni was in.