Chapter 18

Risa was about to arrive to the OVP. She'd see Leni after weeks and her heart would not calm down.

She didn't know how she'd react or how Leni would react. Will Leni act like friends? Will she be distant?

Did she miss her?

Risa's questions halted the moment her car stopped.

*Good luck Risa* she said to herself

Her staff opened the door for her and she was escorted to the main hall of the OVP where the press and both hers and Leni's staff were waiting for her.

(Let's pretend it was just Risa that day)

Her daughters were asked to take a sit before starting while she was made her way to where Leni was sitting.

She chuckled because among all the people present there she could easily spot her. Mainly because of the bright pink dress she was wearing. It was actually so cute that someone their age would wear such a bright pink dress. Still she looked beautiful and elegant as always.

Leni was sitting patiently waiting for Risa entertaining the press and her staff. She also tried to calm herself and remind herself that she had to act like Risa was her friend.

She reminded herself of the steps in her mind.

1- say hi
2-beso beso
3-calm the heart
4-engage in a simple conversation

*kaya mo yan Leni*

Leni bit her lip, her mind went blank and her heart was all over the place the  moment Risa entered and her eyes finally could see her.

"Beautiful" she whispered unconsciously

One of her close-ins heard her say something under her breath.

"Ma'am ano po yon?"

Leni was flustered, she blushed and thankful that her mask and make up could hide it.

"Ah wala, si Sen Risa kase grabe naman pag handa nya" she joked

*get yourself together Leonor. Act like she's your friend lang* she said

When Risa was near she talked against her better judgement

"Ang ganda ganda mo naman" Leni said with a playful tone, but meant every single word

Risa smiled and even if she was aware of all the people around them still allowed herself to enjoy the compliment from Leni.

Leni stood up and hugged her lightly, afraid that if she held her more she wouldn't be able to let go of her.

Leni and Risa then tried their best to act like they always did.

After that they proceeded with the oath taking.

Leni and Risa were facing each other with Risa's daughters standing behind their mom.

Risa took the chance to look at her every chance she got.

Leni could feel Risa's eyes on her and she had to focus on the papers in front of her and the people in front of her. She didn't look at Risa because she was afraid she'd just make a fool of herself.

From where she was standing Risa could see that Leni was a little bit tense and she couldn't help but wonder if maybe, just maybe she was the reason for Leni's nervousness.
It made her smile.
Throughout the oath taking she'd look at Leni for every sentence, a promise to her country but also a silent promise to Leni that she will not let her down and she will make her proud.