Chapter 19

One morning Tricia woke up in their little condo in Manila after a long night at the hospital, she loved her job but sometimes it was exhausting, she went to the kitchen to eat something before starting her day doing house to house with some volunteers for her mom's campaign.

She was tired but she knew how important this campaign was for the people and even if she and her sisters were against it at first they were inspired by the people who were not afraid to show support for their mom and fight for their future.

She opened her ipad and started looking for the podcast where her mom was invited as a guest, she usually did not listen to their own interviews but a fellow doctor talked about it and said she was surprised by the VP adding that she would take some of the love advice that her mom gave during the interview.

She listened to it and it was pretty much like any other interview that Leni did, the usual questions about her as VP and the campaign.

What caught her attention though was the last part of the podcast.

Her mom was asked about some relationship and Leni did give her opinion on the matter.
Though when she was asked about the definition of love Leni would talk about it like she was describing it, or better like she was describing someone.

Leni told them that she probably just read it somewhere, but she knew her mom better than anyone.

Leni was asked about love in the past or if she'd ever remarry and her answer was always a firm no.
Love was just what her mom had with her dad.

But now it looked like her mom had someone in her life that would just substitute her father.

If it was true then she would not accept it. No one will ever be able to take her dad's place.

She opened the group chat between her and her sisters

——

Tricia
Have you heard mom's latest podcast interview?

Aika
Not yet. Why?

Jillian
Nope

Tricia
Can you listen to it? Especially the last part

Jillian
Why? Ano ba meron ate?

Tricia
Just listen to it asap

Aika
Okay

Jillian
Can you just send me the interesting part? I'm busy

Tricia
Hay nako! Sige send ko nalang, cut ko then send ko sa inyo

Aika
Oks

Jillian
Oks

Tricia
*sent a video*

Jillian
Okay heard it. And?

Tricia
Hindi ba weird? Kelan pa nagsalita si mama ng ganyan? I think may someone sya

Aika
Patty. I know what you're thinking. Please don't say anything muna

Jillian
Nag ooverthink lang ata kayo

Tricia
I hope so. But I need to know the truth.

Aika
Patty please, just wait mo na sya sumabi if ever okay? Wag na tayo magdagdag sa stress nya

Tricia sighed she knew her ate was right.

Tricia
Okay but I will still ask her when she has time