Chapter 40

Dinner time was approaching with the two mothers having a rare opportunity to cook for their children.

Risa was preparing something by the kitchen island, she went back and forth from the pantry to take the things she needed so that she wouldn't have to leave the kitchen again.
Meanwhile Leni was stirring something cooking in the stove, her famous laing as requested by Sinta.

Leni felt something was out of the ordinary but she couldn't quite get what was it. She felt like something was not in its proper place so she looked around but nothing was out of place. That was of course before her eyes landed on Risa. The senator was quietly preparing something by the kitchen island with her back on Leni.

Leni got so used to the clinginess of the senator that now it was weird being in the same room as her and the senator not initiating any form of physical touch.

Leni went towards Risa and leaned against the counter with her arms crossed.

Risa saw her staring at her, Leni charmingly looking at her with her arms crossed.

"What?" She asked trying to be the as nonchalant as possible but deep down she loved the way she aas looking at her.

"Are you mad at me?" Leni asked

Risa stopped her task and dried her hands with a tissue.

"Why would I be mad at you?" She asked

"You tell me. Ikaw yung hindi lumalapit sakin" Leni said frowning

A smile escaped Risa's lips and the senator raised her eyebrows at the former VP.

"Kala ko ba ayaw mo bigyan ng trauma ang mga bata" she said

Leni blushed and shook her head going back to her place turning her back to Risa.

"Nevermind"

Risa chuckled and approached Leni trapping her against the counter. She leaned down towards her ear and whispered slowly making the latter tremble a little.

"Attorney just say one word at itatakas kita ulit para hindi mo ako mamiss"

Leni bit her lip. Having Risa this close was definitely what she was missing. She leaned back so her back was pressed against Risa.

"Wag mo sabihin yan pag nandito mga bata" Leni said before pausing. She took a deep breath and turned her head slightly to glance at Risa.

"Because I might take you up on that offer"

Risa stopped every movement.

"You're killing me" she said and dropped her face on Leni's shoulder

"Sorry" Leni knew it was hard for the senator trying to control herself in these moments.

"Don't" Risa said. "Don't start thinking about that again okay?"

"You have no idea how much I love you" Leni said

Risa smiled and hugged Leni's waist keeping her face on her shoulder.

"Ano nga yon?"

"Sabi ko Mahal kita"

"Say it again"

"Mahal na mahal kita"

"Once more"

"I love you"

Risa kissed Leni's shoulder and hugged her tighter.

"I don't think I'll ever get tired hearing you saying that" Risa said contently

"I know I won't ever get tired saying it to you"

Risa squealed slightly at that.

"Kinikilig ka na naman dyan. Sige na tuloy mo na ang luto mo baka gutom na mga bata"