Chapter 15

The team had another rally and this was one of the biggest ones they had so far.

Leni was being called on stage but her entrance was different from usual, she had to pass through the sea of people in front of the stage and maybe they didn't expect this many people showing up before deciding but there were security concerns now.

The VPSD recommended that they would just make her go through the backstage but Leni insisted to go with their original plan since a lot of supporters were expecting to see the Vice President up close.

As usual the senators were already on stage standing up and clapping to the notes of Leni's song.

The VP car stopped right at the end of the venue and the security opened the door.

Leni was being escorted through the crowd the the amount of people surrounding her was overwhelming.

She tried to touch every hand that was extended to her and to accept all the gifts that were being almost thrown at her but her security had to block most of them.

From the stage Risa stopped clapping and was getting concerned that Leni would get hurt seeing how people were energetically trying to touch her or be near her.

She just wanted to go there, grab her hand and lead her to the stage already but knowing Leni she was purposely walking slower to make sure almost every supporter would get a chance to interact with her.

Her eyes were focused on Leni and masked her worry by clapping to the song that was playing.

She saw from where she was that the security was struggling to contain the people.

Then suddenly everything stopped.
The senators beside her gasped and stopped cheering. The crowd calmed down and the security circled the Vice President and gave her more space.

Risa's heart beating faster and palms sweating.

From her point of view she saw a supporter trying to give a painting to Leni, he tried to give it to her by stretching his arm over the security but when he was about to give it to Leni he was accidentally pushed and with the corner of the painting he hit the Vice President making her also fall.

Leni touched the side of her head where she was hit and one of her security immediately checked if she was okay helping her stand up.

Fortunately Leni was okay but the security made sure that the distance between Leni and the crowd increased.

Leni felt bad and was sure the supporter did not mean to hurt her so she talked to her security.

"Jackie I'm okay, wag nyo na sila masyado pigilan" she said

Then she bowed down and took the painting her supporter gave her and turned to him.

"Maraming salamat" she said smiling at him, she saw that he was shocked still and feeling guilty so she just waved at him.

The crowd started cheering more and she was escorted again to the stage.

From the stage Risa was still looking at Leni wondering if she was really okay or if she was pretending for the crowd.

Leni made it to the stage and went to greet everyone.
When she reached Risa she saw the worry in her face and Risa trying to examine her face to see if she was hurt anywhere.
She must have some sign left on her face because Risa stopped her gaze towards a certain part of her face.

It seemed like everyone disappeared from Risa's view the moment she saw the red spot on the side of Leni's head.

She just wanted to take her to the nearest hospital and get her checked up.