Chapter 7: Back In Time

Adani's POV

I was very unsettled for the remainder of the evening. I prepared dinner, a chore I found myself gravitating more towards whenever I needed to feel better about myself or to make things better between Wayan and me.

"Why are you cooking?" he asked, strolling into the kitchen. He circled me around my waist, drawing me closer to his chest.

"We do have to eat," I answered.

"I know, but I have other plans for us tonight."

"Why are you being nice to me right now?" I asked him, turning to face him.

He reached out and turned the stove off before looking at me with his seductive eyes and the biting of his lower lip.

In one swift motion, I was picked up and placed on the island top.

"Look, I know I'm not the most perfect guy in the world. I know I've hurt you. I can be a complete fool and you don't deserve that. I want to start a new chapter between us."

"Wayan, I've heard all this before. You would be nice for a few days then go right back to your abusive and disrespectful ways. What ever happened to us, huh? What did I do for you to hate me so much?" I asked with teary eyes.

"Baby, I'm sorry.  I promise I can do better. I can be better. We can go to counseling, therapy, church, whatever it is. I don't want to lose you."

I looked heavenward, fighting back the tears. Wayan rested his head on my chest and naturally, my hands wrapped around his back like a form of protection.

Protection from what, Adani?
Himself?
You?

"Come on, let's head upstairs. Sleeping without you next to me has been torture," he said and before I could respond, he scooped me like a bride and carried me up the flight of stairs.

In the bedroom, he sat me down on the bed and hovered over me, planting small kisses on my forehead, nose then my lips.

"I missed you," he whispered softly.

I didn't answer.

"You're not going to say it back?" he asked.

"I miss you too."

"I'm not convince, but, I can understand why. I'm pushing you away from me when really I should be drawing you in. I'll make it up to you. Go get ready and get dress. I'm taking you out tonight."

"Out, out where?"

"Nah, I'm not telling you. Go get ready."

~
With a smile, I was up and heading towards the shower. As I applied bodywash to my loofah, Wayan stepped in.

"Let me," he said. He took it gently from my hands and began working it against my skin. Slowly, he handled me against the shower wall and parted my legs before positioning himself between me.

The shower turned on and it was on. I held onto him as he thrust into me. The passion I once felt had subside and all I wanted was for it to be over.

~

"Have you seen my necklace?" I asked him. We were out of the shower and was getting dress.

"Which one?" he asked.

"The one you got me for my birthday," I answered.

"It should be in your jewelry box," he answered.

"I know that's where I had it but it's not here now."

"Then you've probably misplaced it, Adani!" his voice rose.

I stayed quiet.

"I'm sorry for raising my voice at you. But you've probably misplace it. Maybe it's in one of your bags or a purse."