Chapter 27: Atmosphere

Adani's POV

*On Wednesday*

"She better stay out of my way," Flamboyant said as she stormed into the kitchen. Beth and I looked at her as she appeared to be on a rampage, choosing a plate and dishing out her own lunch.

The tension in the mansion was overbearing. Flamboyant and Mavielle were not on speaking terms and although the work-shift had change, it didn't make much of a difference because our paths crossed regardless.

"Who is she talking to?" Mavielle asked, walking into the kitchen just seconds after Flamboyant did.

"I'm talking to you," Flamboyant answered and locked her gaze on Mavielle.

"Hold up, what's going on here?" Beth asked, stepping between the two women. I remained seated and quiet but I felt like shit.

"Nothing is going on. They both need to stay away from me, that's all. And we wouldn't have a problem," Flamboyant responded.

"That's silly. You all work under the same roof and if Mr. Parriston is to learn there's a dispute between you, he wouldn't like it," Beth warned.

Mr. Parriston wasn't back from New York as yet.

I found myself thinking about him at the mention of his name. He looked so handsome as he was leaving, carrying his suitcase after him. His twinkling and curious eyes whenever he would look at me and ponder. His divine fragrance which made me think of tearing his clothes off.
The man was everything and more.

"Adani?"

"Huh?" I shook my daydreaming away and looked at Beth.

Mrs. Parriston was in the kitchen. When the heck did she get here?

"See, she's not even alert," came one of her rude remarks.

"She's on her lunch-break," Beth replied to her.

"Well after your lunch-break, Adani, my room needs cleaning."

"Yes, ma'am."

~

After an awkward lunch and the afternoon was about to be over, I went upstairs to start on Mrs. Parriston's bedroom which should be a breeze.

I was wrong. It was messy, untidy and it looked like it was out of spite. The furnitures were rearranged in a hazardous manner. I had to watch my footing and maneuver carefully to the middle of the room.

"What happened?" I asked, looking around in horror.

"Don't worry about what happened. Just fix it. That's your job, isn't it?" Mrs. Parriston ordered.

Without another word, I started on the room, working from the shower, bathtub and toilet firstly. I dusted, cleaned the mirrors, tidied the place up for heavens sake, vacuum the rugs and carpeting and made certain the room was looking like a room once again.

When I was finish with Mrs. Parriston, I went into the Grand Master.

"I love being in here," I said to myself as I looked around. Every detail was well kept and even his fragrance hung in the air.

I dusted, swept and waltz into his magnificent closet. His office attire were neatly hung on the hangers and were separated from his outfits like tees and jeans.

After I was done admiring, I checked the other rooms, did some light dusting and sweeping since they were now unoccupied, then retired to my bedroom for the evening.

~

My phone rang as I stepped out of the shower. An unidentified number flashed on the screen.

"Hello," I answered.