Chapter 59: Hot And Cold Hearts

Ricardo's POV

I wanted to expunge the smile off Kaleb's smug face and I was trying my all to restraint myself from hurting him. He wasn't the issue. The issue was my mother and her conniving ways.

"You would really remove your own son and put a stranger in his place to run this company?" I questioned my mother as it dawned on me that that was what she most intended on doing.

"Didn't you chose Adani over me and your ex-fianceé?"

"Ahh. So it all circles back to Adani. You hate my fianceé so much that you're willing to come after your son's job title!"

"I had to. You showed me that you weren't going to listen to me so I'm hitting you where it hurts. Your pockets."

"You wanted me to be your little puppet! Someone you can showoff to your circle of husband-snatching friends."

"Watch your mouth, Ricardo! I'm still your mother!"

"I wish you weren't!" I snapped at her. I took up my briefcase and folders and walked back to my office where I noticed it was already being redecorated to accommodate Kaleb.

His name-plate was even on my desk!

It felt like steam was rising and shooting out of my ears. I exited the building and headed to Tough Flowers to my fianceé.

~
Seeing Adani's face melted my inner anger away. She pulled me into a comforting hug and led me to her office. She locked the doors behind us and came over and began massaging my shoulders. Something I needed.

"Baby, what happened, do you want to talk to me about it?" she asked.

"My mother happened. You know, she hates me being with you so much that she
eradicated me as the company's CEO," I summed up.

"She can do that?"

"Yes. She has the majority of stake. With my father's and hers, she's at fifty percent."

"What about Rockett's, doesn't she have a say in any of this?"

"She does, however, the guy Rockett is seeing right now, Kaleb, that's who my mom put in my place."

"Sounds like your mom got Kaleb to woo Rockett so she can relinquish her vote to her mother. Does Rockett even know about this?"

"She signed it," I answered feeling defeated and abandoned by my sister.

"I think you should talk to her about it," Adani said.

A knock came to the door. She opened it and it was one of her assistants. 

"Sorry to disturb you, Miss. Prime, but one of the ladies has an accident and she would like your help," she informed.

"Oh my goodness, is she okay?" Adani asked her alarmingly.

"Yes. It's her period and she's wearing white today," she responded.

"I'm coming."

"Okay."

Adani gave me a quick kiss, told me to call my sister then disappeared through the door.

~
In her office by myself, I decided to call Rockett. She answered on the first ring.

"Ricardo, I've been meaning to call you because I just got off the phone with your secretary and she said you're being replaced. Replaced by who and for what? And who the hell has the power to remove you as CEO?"

"Who do you think?" I asked.

Rockett sighed loudly. "Mother?"

"The one and only," I said and raked my hand down my face.