Chapter 60: Weathering The Storm

Adani's POV

Ricardo was a wreck and as his fianceé, it was my duty to stand by his side and provide him with comfort and the reassurance that we were going to be fine.

"PIT meant everything to me," he said. We were out on the balcony to the master bedroom having some fresh air in the early hours of the morning, "Did you know I even got dressed for work this morning before remembering I didn't have an office to go to," he added.

"I feel terrible about this situation. I keep thinking it's my fault, you know. Had we stayed professional, employer and employee, perhaps this wouldn't have happened."

"But then my heart would have been in turmoil because I wouldn't have had you, Adani."

"Ricardo.."

"Listen, since I was a child, I've been living to please my mom. When dad died, I didn't want to disappoint her and cause her anymore pain. I listened to her, I was obedient, I tried to be the perfect son. And I've been doing that until the day I developed obstinate feelings for you. It felt like I was breaking free from a hold and I wasn't going to let you go."

"Baby, you walked out of your company because of me."

"And I'll walk out of a thousand more. If I'm to choose between being CEO and you, you'll win everytime without any hesitation," he verbalized while looking right into my eyes. He had no idea how turned on I was by that but he found out immediately when I sprung on him, kissing him everywhere my lips fell.

My hands went into his boxer briefs and found him already stiffening up for me. I giggled as he scooped me up and carried me into our bedroom and onto our bed.

The kissing deepened and we removed our clothes simultaneously and made perfervid love.

~
The mansion had an Icy Christmas Theme decor happening and I was loving it. Light blue and white decorations lined the walls, corners, ceilings and banisters. What was left for me to do was to plan my wedding.

'Piece of cake' I thought. Oh boy, was I mistaken.

~
Mavielle, Adonna and mom came over an hour before midday on Monday. With Christmas now two weeks away, I was already feeling overwhelmed by everything that was happening around me.

"Adani, have you found a location as yet?" my mom asked. We gathered in Ricardo's home office.

"I have," I answered and pulled out my list.

"You should have gone with a wedding planner," mom said again.

"I want to do this myself," I responded.

"Adani, there are people who are professionals in finding locations, cakes and flowers and settings and so much more," mom went on.

"She said she wants to do it herself, Alexis," Adonna snapped at her.

"I just want her to know that it's not as easy as it sounds," mom said back.

"Yeah, you would know a lot about easy, wouldn't you," Adonna spat back.

"Little girl..."

"I'm a grown ass woman. I was a little girl when you..."

"Enough!" Mavielle scolded, "Ladies, you ought to put your differences aside because it's not about you. It's about Adani and her special day. Now, can we please be on the same page?" she finished with a question.

"I apologize," mom said.

"I'm sorry too," Adonna said as well.

"Thank you. So I want to have a beach wedding and...," I spoke on but was once again interrupted by my mother.