Chapter 46: Old Friend

Adani's POV

"I swear, I'm going to have those damn locks changed and have security stop her at the entrance," Ricardo said with anger as we headed towards my bedroom.

"You shouldn't," I responded. I turned towards him.

"Adani, you heard her. Everything she said was cruel. Its obvious she wouldn't accept you and I being a couple. She will make our lives a living hell if I don't draw the line with her."

"She's your mother."

"And mothers can be toxic. I'm not going to allow her to embarrass you. If she can't get access to you, then she can't do it so the only solution is keeping her away from you and away from here."

"See, that's just the thing. I don't want to be the reason your relationship with your mother will crash. I know what it is like to have a mother shut out, told to leave and have the doors shut in her face. I know because my ex did that to my mom."

"That's a difference. I'm pretty sure your mom's heart was in the right place. My mom's heart is the devil's pillow. She can be very very cruel when she's not fond of someone, and baby, she's not fond of you."

"So you're going to kick her out when she comes back?" I asked him. This was tearing him apart mentally. The expression was clear as day on his face, "Listen, I know it's easy to say you'll be doing all those things but when your mom is actually standing in front of your door, it's going to be torture. I'm aware she's not fond of me. I'm not her biggest fan either but you shouldn't restrict her."

"I understand but I just want you to be happy with me without the battles. If I can prevent them, I will."

I circled his waist. "Thank you but that wouldn't be necessary."

~

"Girl, ARE YOU CRAZY?!" Mavielle asked with a shout.
It was one week later. Adonna, Mavielle and I were sitting in the main living room where I was letting them in on my new turns in life.

" So let me get this. You're dating Ricardo Parriston. His mom is a pain in the ass. He said he'll keep her away from you and you insisted on having her around. Are you attracted to toxicity at this point because I don't get you," Adonna summed up.

"You both are at my necks," I said.

"The woman doesn't like you, why do you want her around?" Mavielle asked.

"She's his mom."

"And?" Adonna and Mavielle asked at the same time.

"And.. she had him her whole life. I don't want to be the reason for any bitterness between his mom and him."

"Was it your idea to keep her away from you?" Mavielle asked.

"No," I answered.

"Then there you have it. He knows his mom is mean and he's willing to put his foot down to ensure your relationship is safe from her hate."

"Can you two put yourselves in my shoes?" I questioned.

"Ohh..those are nice," Adonna said as she looked at my Valentino Garavani Rockstud T-strap Pump.

"Thank you. My boyfriend took me shopping," I said with a sweet smile and earned some cheers from the women.

"I'm honestly so happy for you, Adani. You deserve everything good and every happiness. It's showing on your face. You're glowing," Mavielle said.

"Thanks again. And speaking of shopping and happiness, I got you ladies something. Excuse me a moment," I said and went to get their surprises. I returned with two gifts boxes wrapped with a bow on the top. I presented the first one to Adonna.