Chapter 12: At The Starting Line

This Chapter Is Dedicated To Aaajeekaaay

Adani's POV

When Mavielle left for her home, I was left alone in the wing. I took the time to wonder around the room and stepped into the shower.

Luckily for me, there were clean robes in the walk-in closet and I got into one. I was also lucky to have an unused toothbrush and toothpaste. I brushed my teeth and got into bed.

Sleep came easily.

~

*Knock Knock*

I awoke by a knocking on the door. I was hoping I didn't oversleep on the first day as I couldn't locate an alarm clock and I didn't have my cellphone anymore.

I rolled out of bed and went to the door.

"Good morning, have I woke you?" Mavielle greeted and asked.

How was she back so early?

"I'm not late to begin my first day, am I?" I asked with doe eyes.

"Oh no. You have an hour and a half to spare. It's 6:30 am but you should be up and getting and then to have your breakfast. And I have to guide you to the ways things are done around here and also a semi-tour of the estate. We can't go through everything in one day," she explained.

"I understand."

"Meet me in the kitchen when you're ready."

"I will."

Mavielle left and I walked back into the room to get ready. I got into my maid uniform after getting out of the shower.

~
"Ah, there she is," Mavielle said as I walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning," a woman greeted me as she busied herself at the stove.

"Good morning," I responded.

"Beth, this is Adani, the new maid. Adani, this is Beth, the chef," Mavielle introduced.

"Nice to meet you, Adani."

"Likewise, Beth."

Beth was a beautiful woman and one can tell she took pride in her work just by the way she smiled while she did her job.

"Beth, we'll be right back. I'm taking Adani around."

"Breakfast would be served by then."

Mavielle led me into the hallway.

"Beth is very nice lady. Loves to smile and is friendly to everyone she meets. Breakfast and lunch are prepared by her every morning at 7:30. Can be a few minutes later or earlier depending on the menu. You wouldn't see her on weekends. A different chef would be here," Mavielle spoke as we walked to the direction of an elevator. We got in.

"We all have our respective areas and floors to clean. The estate consists of three floors. You'll be at the very top floor. The top floor holds the Grand Master Bedroom that Mr. Parriston occupies. Three Grand Guest Bedroom where his important guests sleeps be it family or friends. Each room has its bathroom you would have to keep clean everyday and report any damage, water leaks, etcetera."

The elevator came to a stop and we stepped out onto the top floor. Mavielle and I walked towards one of Grand Guest Bedrooms.

"Always knock before entering, even if you've no knowledge of someone occupying the bedroom," she firmly advised. She knocked, we waited, she unlocked the door and we entered.