Chapter 11: Truth

*This Chapter Is Dedicated To smileysibu*

Adani's POV

I mentally slapped myself out of the pondering thoughts.

"I apologize," I said.

"Have a seat, Miss. Prime," he spoke in a pensive tone. I sat down in a very comfortable chair in his opposite direction.

"Your resumé."

I swallowed hard. It dawned on me how unprepared I was for this interview.

"I can have that email to you first thing tomorrow morning.. or even tonight," I answered.

His eyes narrowed in on me and he wrote something down on his piece of paper.

"Tell me about yourself, your education and your qualifications."

"I'm Adani Prime. I'm twenty-nine years old. I attended the University Of Southern California where I graduated with an associate degree in Administration," I answered with confidence.

"What are your hobbies?" he asked without looking up from the paper.

"For fun, I like reading and writing. And cleaning," I answered.

He looked up from the paper with a lovely smirk. He then tent his fingers and looked at me. Like really looked at me. I felt vulnerable under his gaze, like he was reading me and seeing right through my soul.

"Have you any prior experience in housekeeping?" he asked.

I knew this was the question that would determine if I would get the job or not. I had zero experience in being a housekeeper or a maid... so I lied through my teeth.

"I have."

"Where have you worked as a housekeeper before?"

"At a small news station called The Cutting News. I would clean before and after office hours. Also, I was a housekeeper to Dalton's Guest Resort."

"Dalton and I are acquainted. If I call him right now and ask him to verify that you've indeed worked there and if he would would recommend you, would he say yes to both?"

"Adani! What are you doing?" my inner thoughts questioned.

"No, he wouldn't," I answered to Mr. Parriston.

"Why?"

"I.. Uh.. I lied."

"So... Miss. Prime, you had Peter Valenci vouch for you, I stayed here to have an interview with you when I should be at my home. You're unprepared and you're a liar too. And you're getting on my nerves with that awful makeup. Who is responsible for doing such an awful job to your face must be blind or they just don't like you."

I was stunned. His honesty was hurtful and I didn't know what to say or do anymore. Like a dog with its tail between its legs, I stood up to run away. It was obvious I wasn't going to get the job.

"Thank you for your time," I said and turned on my heel to walk out the office.

"Miss. Prime, sit down," he commanded.

I turned to face him and he gestured to the seat I was previously sitting in. I sat down.

"Perhaps I was too forward in regards to your makeup application. I apologize. However, I would like to grant you another opportunity to be honest with me. Keyword is honest."

"I understand. And I apologize for that. It's just that I'm in need of the job."

"But you're qualify as being an administrator. Why aren't you applying to  be a secretary, general office manager or something along those lines, why a live-in maid slash housekeeper?"