Chapter 37: We Jammin'

Ricardo's POV

"Ricardo, I'm pleased to inform you that we have a surplus that would double the christmas bonus this year," Penelope said as she walked into my office. She sat down across from me and handed me a folder.

I went over the information and a smile appeared on my face. The numbers were fantastic this year.

"I'm impressed," I said.

"And I have more exciting news," she responded with a wide smile.

"What's up?"

She stood up and stalked behind me then laid her hands on my shoulders and started working her fingers in motion to a smoothing massage.

"If you say spa day, I'm not going," I informed. She laughed.

"A vacation," she answered.

"A vacation?"

"Yes. I was told you haven't had one since the year started. You've been working non-stop so I took the liberty in booking a vacation to Jamaica."

"That sounds great and all, Pene, but ah. I can't go to Jamaica right now. There is too much to do around here."

"Ricardo, there are people here who are capable to run the company for a week. And I believe we need this break."

"I don't know."

Penelope sighed and flopped into the chair. She looked to the ceiling, calculating her next move.

"Okay, how about we turn it into something bigger. We should invite Derick and his fianceé. Sort of like a couples retreat."

"Mmmh."

She stood up and made her way to the door. "I'll also be inviting Adani," she said right before she slipped out.

My eyes popped. She couldn't be serious. She hated Adani. Why would she invite her to come along with us?

~
After Penelope and I arrived at the mansion, she made a beeline looking for Adani. I followed behind.

"There you are," she said once she found her in one of the guest rooms. Adani looked startled and so was I. I was still wrapping my head around the whole ordeal of having Adani join in on the trip.

"Is something the matter?" she asked.

"Ricardo and I are having a one week getaway to a tropical island and I'm inviting you to come along with us."

She looked surprise just as I was.

"Thanks but I don't think so."

"Damn it! Why is everyone refusing a vacation that's free to them, what would it take for you to tag along?" Penelope asked her, "Adonna can also join if you need her company."

"Okay."

"Wonderful. I'll go make the arrangements. We'll be leaving on Saturday."

~

Saturday came with haste. We were boarded and seatbelted in my private aircraft on the tarmac until takeoff to Jamaica.

~

A taxi met us upon our arrival at the airport and drove us to the hotel. We were given three luxury beach cabins right there by the water where we unpacked and got settle.

"Thank you, Pene, this is great," I complimented. I put a pair of sunshades on and stepped out on the sand underneath a coconut tree.

One of the locals spotted me and came over with a bottled coconut water.